Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

Would you attend an acoustic recording experimentation workshop?

Only if it's out West. I need plenty of room to park my Holden.
7%
Only if it's Central. I need my decaf trim soy latté.
7%
Only if it's on the North Shore. I need my afternoon pinot.
No votes
0%
Don't mind, I'm keen regardless of where it is.
36%
No amps? But how will we make ourselves heard over the top of everyone else who is trying to play at the same time, in unrelated (and clashing) keys?
43%
I definitely won't be attending.
7%
willow13 wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:Then I'll be there with bells on!

is the problem :P

No, it's not. There are plenty of options. I just don't want to commit to doing this until I know what we're doing and that enough people are on board. I've put it on the shelf for now but will organise something concrete in a month or so.
I reckon a proper studio would be a good idea.
benderissimo wrote:
willow13 wrote:

is the problem :P

No, it's not. There are plenty of options. I just don't want to commit to doing this until I know what we're doing and that enough people are on board. I've put it on the shelf for now but will organise something concrete in a month or so.

I wouldn't organise anything concrete, even I know it's a highly sound-reflective material and it will sound terrible.

feel free to slap me next time you see me
Capt. Black wrote:I reckon a proper studio would be a good idea.

I'm not sure I agree- it would be expensive and the benefits would be minimal. I couldn't do it where I work unless there were only 3 or 4 people, and even that would be a stretch (because we have a lot of sensitive material in the building, we have really rigid access protocols in place).

A basic hall would be fine. I'd bring my mobile rig, some speakers, headphones, mics, cables, and stands. Sorted.
benderissimo wrote:
willow13 wrote:

is the problem :P[/quote

No, it's not. There are plenty of options

didn't say there wasn't options ... its the picking one :moresarc:
That workshop sounds awesome. Happy to have you scope the place at some point if you like.