calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Re: TRONFEST may 11th

Post by calling card »

Thanks for that gearfest, what a day it was, could'a easily set up outside in that windless Waikato sunshine. All bit of a sensory overload really, the dumbest kind of things excite me - when I set eyes on the Matchless amp it was that back lit name plate that grabbed me. Very cool amp all the rest of it I'm sure.
So much gear & so much noise, really impressed with the musicianship I see there. Connected a few more faces to names, got home in one piece, all good.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Hey guys,

I had a great time at gearfest,

I think the best thing about the gearfest this year was Willows introduction of the 'junior room.’ I’m not sure if you guys have it at the other gearfests, but it worked really well on Saturday. It gave the member who hasn’t graduated to 50 or 100 Marshalls the chance to get comfortable with his small combos in the safety of his own room. What’s more I take my hat off to the Captain, realising Uniques nervousness at the sight of the other bigger amps at the fest, left his 100 watt Marshall Super bass in the car, and just took his low watt Jansen into the Junior room. :-)

Seriously… your gear was great Grant - even though it was a bit hard to hear over the noise of those birds chirping outside. :-)

Nah seriously… I loved your amps, and thanks for taking the time to demo your different guitars, and point out the differences between them. I hope everyone took the time to play your 335… And I hope I have FINALLY convinced you that you get a Marshall down to some pretty friendly volumes, and still maintain a bit of a roar.

Thanks for Crowbgood for making the trip with me – it made the driving time go fast. And your packing skills are awesome.

I owe a huge thanks to Phil / Higainerfor bringing his Marshalls down, and demoing them for me. It was really helpful, and I really appreciate it.

Highlights for me were Willows guitars – I like how all of them had your personal touch added to them. Ed’s Wolfgang – such a nice neck, and Sandy’s (what’s your username sandy?) green big muff – it sounded killer. Thanks Ed for showing me how you set up your Floyd trem, and Sandy for showing me how to set up the big muff with your Marshall.

I can't wait for the next one!!!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

AiRdAd wrote: even though it was a bit hard to hear over the noise of those birds chirping outside. :-)

!!
Nah, that was my new pedal
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

calling card wrote:the dumbest kind of things excite me - when I set eyes on the Matchless amp it was that back lit name plate that grabbed me. Very cool amp all the rest of it I'm sure. So much gear & so much noise, really impressed with the musicianship I see there. Connected a few more faces to names, got home in one piece, all good.
Yeah, that's pretty much me all over, too.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

the gearfest was amazing.

I just joined the forums after showing up with a mate to the gathering this weekend just past..

Really friendly group, and nothing like having a stranger offer you a 60's LP custom to play just because you're walking by!

Next gear fest(in the tron) I'm going to have to bring a good chunk of my toys to show.

Si
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Si...welcome. That's a swell playing guitar you got there!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Si...welcome. That's a swell playing guitar you got there!
Cheers.

it's not custom or vintage. but my LP std is my numer 1 atm :P

Super keen for the next gear fest.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

SimpleSi wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:Si...welcome. That's a swell playing guitar you got there!
Cheers.

it's not custom or vintage. but my LP std is my numer 1 atm :P

Super keen for the next gear fest.
Is that the one in your profile pic? Sweet looking beastie that. Welcome aboard. 8)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster