Jazzmaster Pickguards

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

smallface
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 221 times

Jazzmaster Pickguards

Post by smallface »

Hey learned folk of NZGuitars,

Is there any difference between a pickguard for a Japanese Jazzmaster and a US made one?

I have a Japanese model want to swap out the existing one for a mint green or of white guard and wanted to check first. Standard 60's JM layout.

Cheers :-)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

captainfruitbat
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Jazzmaster Pickguards

Post by captainfruitbat »

smallface wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:02 pm Hey learned folk of NZGuitars,

Is there any difference between a pickguard for a Japanese Jazzmaster and a US made one?

I have a Japanese model want to swap out the existing one for a mint green or of white guard and wanted to check first. Standard 60's JM layout.

I have a bunch of white three ply pickguard blanks if you're up to some DIY. Also white or grey mother-of-toilet-seat.

smallface
PRS
PRS

Post by smallface »

captainfruitbat wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:08 pm

I have a bunch of white three ply pickguard blanks if you're up to some DIY. Also white or grey mother-of-toilet-seat.
Appreciate that, but I'm the world's worst DIY guy so probably not the best option for me. Thanks though. :-)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 356 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

Japan fender is always enough different to make you swear a little
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 834 times
Been liked: 356 times

Post by jimi »

And how about an Indonesian made Squier JM? Wondering the same.

smallface
PRS
PRS

Post by smallface »

jimi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:43 pm

And how about an Indonesian made Squier JM? Wondering the same.
I think there are some differences. I have a friend who has one and I think he has a US guard on it which doesn't quite fit. Will check with him tomorrow. :-)

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1628 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Post by Jay »

smallface wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:24 pm
captainfruitbat wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Appreciate that, but I'm the world's worst DIY guy so probably not the best option for me. Thanks though. :-)
If you are completely stuck, I can route you one
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.