NGD - But sadly not mine….

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2462 times

Re: NGD - But sadly not mine….

Post by Slowy »

Candeevr4 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:31 am
Slowy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:35 pm
IMOCD wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:35 pm Are the (HB)P90's for this beauty?
It's certainly a possibility. It has Duncan 59 and Jazz pickups. I'm going to take some time and discover what its voice is like. Might not need to change anything.
I could be persuaded to part with my Bare Knuckles Blue Notes, which would look great in this. Have just a little bit of wear on them...
Noted and thanks. I’ll get used to it before I make any changes.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

philbit
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by philbit »

Had my Eastman t486 for a couple of years now,definitely a great guitar.Heard a few change out the tuners on these for more stable tuners.I’m always retuning it have tried nut grease etc but me nutz 😀 not the problem more like the tuners.
I see Eastman guitars have risen in price now,think I paid $2100 for mine.I thought about getting another in the Goldburst as it shows the flame maple more.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

philbit wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:15 pm Had my Eastman t486 for a couple of years now,definitely a great guitar.Heard a few change out the tuners on these for more stable tuners.I’m always retuning it have tried nut grease etc but me nutz 😀 not the problem more like the tuners.
I see Eastman guitars have risen in price now,think I paid $2100 for mine.I thought about getting another in the Goldburst as it shows the flame maple more.
Does yours have the same headstock shape as mine?

I reckon the best possible tuners are cheap whatever they cost.

I'm guessing yours is the red one?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

That's so hawt! Much want.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Zaulkin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:43 pm That's so hawt! Much want.
Would love to hear you play it. :D

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1627 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:50 am
As long as it is one of these: brown eyed girl, what is love, bliss and any other good old kiwi rocker :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:17 am
As long as it is one of these: brown eyed girl, what is love, bliss and any other good old kiwi rocker :wink:
You do realise I have the power to ban you?

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1627 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:03 pm

True, but real power is exhibited through compassion and restraint... traits you have in abundance and liberally dispense.... so I should be safe, not?

phuck i can't login :shock:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1413 times

Post by robthemac »

Have all of Jay's posts disappeared for you guys too?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:17 pm
Slowy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:03 pm

True, but real power is exhibited through compassion and restraint... traits you have in abundance and liberally dispense.... so I should be safe, not?

phuck i can't login :shock:
That's Bullshit!
But very good bullshit.

:lol:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 801 times

Post by hamo »

robthemac wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:13 pm Have all of Jay's posts disappeared for you guys too?
Who's Jay?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

It's Here!!!! :D
Infinite thanks to hudsonsaul and Jb for their fine efforts.

We both sat in the lounge and started at each other for a while.......... It's not as red as it appears in Jb's photos.

A closer inspection reveals a previous life. There's a halo of circular scratches around each strap button. The body has multiple tiny dints including some on the back which could be called buckle rash. All very light but definitely there. There's lines of pick marks covering the pickguard and quite noticably scoring the bass side of the neck pickup ring. This thing has been hit hard in its life.

Had a play through the Harmony which didn't inspire me much to be honest. Switched to the Jansen and Blue and things immediately improved. Spent some time following a Gibson playing friend's advice, "Less volume, more tone." He means the guitar's volume, not the amp.
This worked and I started to find some nice voices; very encouraging! Added a Strymon Deco and things really started to cook.

New strings tomorrow and by Friday night it would have had its say in two distinctly different bands. I wonder how it will go?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Picked it up today to replace the strings and played it for 3 hours instead......
I think this is a positive indicator :think:

Seymour Duncan Jazz and 59:
If you were a manufacturer building a copy of an iconic guitar, you'd want yours to appeal to as many people as possible. This is the pickup combination for you. The 59 in the bridge does the business in the world of Rock as well as huge Tele tones when turned down.

The neck pickup Is somewhere I could live for days (I have never said that before). At one end of the scale is a lovely Blues wail and at the other, delicate acoustic guitar, rich in harmonics and drifting on seemingly endless sustain. It also punched me in the ears and tried to rip my head off. I was shocked to discover it wasn't the 59 I was hearing.

Surprising discovery:

The tone and volumes are really sensitive and interactive At one point I was playing the neck pup on 2 and loving the sound. Tone pots dial out treble and leave excellent sounds behind.

Despite having more bling than Donny trump's toilet, this is an astonishingly good guitar, I'm not so much impressed as enchanted.

But there's one thing I can't get used to. I'm a Fender guy, necks and bodies are in the same plane. This does my head in. Every time I catch sight of it, part of me thinks it's broken. :rofl:
20221129_172854.jpg
20221129_172854.jpg (591.33 KiB) Viewed 908 times

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1413 times

Post by robthemac »

Sounding good, Bruce.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 414 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

I love a good neck angle.