NGD - But sadly not mine….

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2462 times

Re: NGD - But sadly not mine….

Post by Slowy »

I've just noticed something wrong: There's 3 photos taken by Jb and not one of them is the backside.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:05 pm Shit. It looks elegant and refined and so far above my pay grade! :wtf:
You can leave it here for safekeeping :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 477 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by IMOCD »

Are the (HB)P90's for this beauty?

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1627 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:05 pm Shit. It looks elegant and refined and so far above my pay grade! :wtf:
The photos JB took are so much better. Loverly burst on that one, I like how it subtlety extends into the horns...

Are you already looking out for humbucker sized P90s?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:12 pm I've just noticed something wrong: There's 3 photos taken by Jb and not one of them is the backside.
It doesn't have one, thats why it was so cheap!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

IMOCD wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:35 pm Are the (HB)P90's for this beauty?
It's certainly a possibility. It has Duncan 59 and Jazz pickups. I'm going to take some time and discover what its voice is like. Might not need to change anything.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

That's lovely. Congrats Bruce.

Any modifications planned? ;-)

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 695 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Just a thought. Before you start on the finish, why don't you borrow a nickel bridge, tail piece, and pickup covers, and see how they look on the guitar? You could experiment with different levels of aging. Then see if you need to take the finish shine back. You might find it doesn't need much, for you to be happy with it 😊
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:45 pm That's lovely. Congrats Bruce.

Any modifications planned? ;-)
Only to my playing. :D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:15 am Just a thought. Before you start on the finish, why don't you borrow a nickel bridge, tail piece, and pickup covers, and see how they look on the guitar? You could experiment with different levels of aging. Then see if you need to take the finish shine back. You might find it doesn't need much, for you to be happy with it 😊
It comes with nickel hardware

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by AiRdAd »

Slowy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:08 am
AiRdAd wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:15 am Just a thought. Before you start on the finish, why don't you borrow a nickel bridge, tail piece, and pickup covers, and see how they look on the guitar? You could experiment with different levels of aging. Then see if you need to take the finish shine back. You might find it doesn't need much, for you to be happy with it 😊
The hardware looks really shiny. If you can dull it down a bit, I think that will help :-)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:21 am
The hardware looks really shiny. If you can dull it down a bit, I think that will help :-)
Jay is right. shouldn't mess with it. If I decide it really is a keeper, I might break the shine. Until then, I'll apply myself to learning how to play it.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by AiRdAd »

Slowy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:29 am

Jay is right. shouldn't mess with it. If I decide it really is a keeper, I might break the shine. Until then, I'll apply myself to learning how to play it.
I mean the hardware, not the body. Dull hardware will make a difference to the look of the guitar, and be more in line with how you like a guitar to look :-)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:05 am
Slowy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:29 am

I mean the hardware, not the body. Dull hardware will make a difference to the look of the guitar, and be more in line with how you like a guitar to look :-)
True that. It can be argued I have no regard for looks. My shocking green Legacy is testimony.

My biggest issue is it’s not a battered Fender which is my comfort zone.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Slowy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:35 pm
IMOCD wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:35 pm Are the (HB)P90's for this beauty?
It's certainly a possibility. It has Duncan 59 and Jazz pickups. I'm going to take some time and discover what its voice is like. Might not need to change anything.
I could be persuaded to part with my Bare Knuckles Blue Notes, which would look great in this. Have just a little bit of wear on them...