Has Aria lifted their game or they better stock now more available?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Re: Has Aria lifted their game or they better stock now more available?

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Are the Aria Pro basses a good alternative to Squier?

Don't play bass in bands anymore but looking for a cheapo one to record at home.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 414 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Slowy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:22 pm
I swing wildly with Humbuggies. When I have some, I can never make them work for me. When I don't have any, I'm sure they're the answer. :roll: :lol:
This describes me quite accurately.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 478 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by IMOCD »

IMOCD wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:07 pm
Slowy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:11 am

2016-11-20 16.04.57_preview.jpeg

Is that my old one?
Tis indeed, sir. (Via Oleg's Emporium) Gorgeous guitar, but like yourself, struggling a bit with HB's, even with the PAF Seth's. Tempted to go down the filtertron route with it.
I swing wildly with Humbuggies. When I have some, I can never make them work for me. When I don't have any, I'm sure they're the answer. :roll: :lol:
I thought those Seth Lovers were really good.
How about P90s rather than Filtertrons? (I replaced this with a Filtertron equipped Doozy which I also no longer have.)
Exactly this for me too. A nice semi hollow with Seth's was a holy grail guitar, so I'm perplexed as to why they aren't working too well for me. Right now, I can't un-hear a low wind strat neck pup slathered in germanium fuzz; it's my go to and probably the reason I'm not playing hb's much atm.

P90's are well represented in my stable, but nothing Gretschy currently :wink:
Attachments
images (3).jpeg
images (3).jpeg (21.31 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
images (4).jpeg
images (4).jpeg (24.71 KiB) Viewed 1099 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2463 times

Post by Slowy »

IMOCD wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:03 pm
IMOCD wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:07 pm

Tis indeed, sir. (Via Oleg's Emporium) Gorgeous guitar, but like yourself, struggling a bit with HB's, even with the PAF Seth's. Tempted to go down the filtertron route with it.
I thought those Seth Lovers were really good.
How about P90s rather than Filtertrons? (I replaced this with a Filtertron equipped Doozy which I also no longer have.)
Exactly this for me too. A nice semi hollow with Seth's was a holy grail guitar, so I'm perplexed as to why they aren't working too well for me. Right now, I can't un-hear a low wind strat neck pup slathered in germanium fuzz; it's my go to and probably the reason I'm not playing hb's much atm.

P90's are well represented in my stable, but nothing Gretschy currently :wink:
Never knew Epiphone made a Les Paul Senior.
That Vox would be lovely but I suspect weilding a tiny neck.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gitar »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:24 pm Are the Aria Pro basses a good alternative to Squier?

Don't play bass in bands anymore but looking for a cheapo one to record at home.
First up, Im not a bass player. But im looking at a the 30" Jet Baritone and Im wondering why all these guitars are so cheap, people mention no fret sprout etc, some model low heels, the innovative way of doing truss rod etc. So I can only say they are as good or possibly better Strats. Squier are making some decent strats in the CV range, but the rest is trash imo. There are so many better options.

For me, Ive been wanting a 26-27" baritone for a while but the 30" will allow some serious drop tunes and make do as a 6 string bass.

For more info pop into Rockshop, they seem to have most models.

Right now Im looking at the 714 Fullerton DG, which is clearly a tribute to David Gilmour. Im wondering to myself how it is any different to the 714mk2, aside from colour, specs seem the same. Although I do dig the black with Roasted maple neck and white binding. But Id be tempted to go all out black on this. Whichever one I buy I will be using a cheap seymour duncan set, likely charvel, possibly charvel wired via strato website. If its a H/H setup, they have a lovely Full Shred 10b/ SD Alnico 2 Pro Neck, fully wired in the push pull config with EVH 500k pots, allows for some insane options, but mostly the Alnico II Pro does an amazing job of being a single coil when split, possibly why its the go to in the guitar industry for hard rock. But then I look back at this 714 DG and think EMG 57DW in the bridhe, DG SA20 in the middle and the holy grail of a sustaniac in the neck with the full control panel installed in the gat, may need to do some routing but not until Ive had one and know what kinda room is left in th current wiring route. No biggy either way. Mostly definitely route a floyd rose in. So thats 2 options for charvel like super strats, using some charvel electronc componentry haha. But the EMG option would be quieter and probably more pronounced/note deliniation. Not sure whether ID buy a sustainiac new (some supply issues right now) or Id look for used on Ebay.

My only concern is, they do not mention the neck radius, however reviews have mentioned it is fairly flat. I cant see it being 16:". And fairly flat, must be 14" I think. I wuld prefer 12" like with the Kramer which has a Mahogany body.

Anyway, here is the DG, just to show the binding.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gitar »

Ive been looking for Aria Pro II PE (Les Paul style) guitars and cannot find anywhere in NZ, or overseas (outside Ebay etc) that sells them, anybody know of somewhere?

In doing so Ive noticed that NZ actually gets better pricing for Aria's than the Aussie shop I looked at, even more so if you take currency into the equation. We dont get overly taxed on an item in NZ for once.

I think Im either going to buy the Fullerton Mk2 or the Fullerton-DG model I posted above. Possibly a few minor changes for floating the bridge and keeping it in tune, but the Alnico 5's used by Aria actually sound pretty dang nice.