Can anyone Identify the maker of this old girl?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1627 times
Been liked: 1293 times

Re: Can anyone Identify the maker of this old girl?

Post by Jay »

It is a Proprietary Gibson of the era in which they didn't understand how to install a zero fret
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Mustang67
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mustang67 »

Thanks for all the input guys - looks like I will be continuing the search for a while, not sure of the year, definitely has some age to her.
The previous owner had no info either. I was thinking the same thing that it could have been a one-off luthier project. Nothing that I can find written on the inside...

Came across this very similar logo after searching the old interweb for a good couple hours and thought I was on to something -- ended up being a master guitar maker named Pavel Gavryushov -- managed to get in contact with him but alas it was not one of his - would have been nice if it was :)

anyways the search continues ....
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (39.89 KiB) Viewed 671 times

Mustang67
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mustang67 »

Thanks, everyone for your input, after some further research tonight I came across a winner - will link the reverb listing below but it looks as if it is a pre-war Hofner Schobach, with the PG probably being someone's initials at some point during the life of the guitar. The bridge which I forgot to photograph alongside the pickguard and tailpiece all seem to be original.

anyways thanks again for all your input.

Reverb Listing: ​https://reverb.com/au/item/14677769-pre ... c-hardcase