Jackson JS32 and Kelly the best value guitars in NZ retail?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Re: Jackson JS32 and Kelly the best value guitars in NZ retail?

Post by jhyang549 »

If you want a virgin guitar, you gotta pay the virgin price. Dream guitars aren't sloppy seconds/thirds/etc

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gitar »

Mosfet wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:17 pm
Gitar wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:38 pm I think its that flat radius all the way through
The old misha mansoors 20” all the way up. Always been keen to try that one
Yeah old mate (brain fog) PRS Signature is 20" too from memory. Which doesnt bother me if its a one trick pony. My problem is I play so many genres in a session, which is why these speed necks from Jackson and Charvel 12-16" make sense. But Id be really happy with a Schecter or Esp at just 12". Even PRS wide thin necks are good at 10". Once you go below that you lose the benefits of less radius, clearly.

Im sure something will pop up between LTD, Jackson and Shecter. I know if it has that crackle rainbow fluro paint job Im drawn to it haha.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gitar »

hamo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:28 pm
Resale isn't a factor if she's a keeper! :mrgreen:
True. I have a lot of keepers though haha. This is more of a fun guitar, I dont mind a bit of loss, but even so in the current economics I still wanna get the right medium term keeper.

Ive got a few lined up now but I keep coming back to this Jackson neck joint and the Soloist Sl2A/Q series with the loaded pickups and FR1000.