Post Honeymoon Report - Follow the Progress of my "Andronis" Custom Telecaster Build

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1060 times

Re: Post Honeymoon Report - Follow the Progress of my "Andronis" Custom Telecaster Build

Post by NippleWrestler »

Oh I see. Sorry about that. I wondered from the pics if it was off the edge, seems a bizarre oversight given the precision of everything else.

I thought Gotoh made a narrower string spacing for teles, but I can't be sure. Sorry about the issues though, thats a kick in the nuts.

The same happened to one of my guitars when the frets were beveled too much and the string would just slide off. I ended up selling that guitar as the fix wasn't as straightforward.

Godspeed.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1302 times
Been liked: 867 times

Re: Post Honeymoon Report - Follow the Progress of my "Andronis" Custom Telecaster Build

Post by MikeC »

Thanks and no worries - sometimes the simplest thing can be the answer to a problem so I welcome all suggestions. I've actually just finished swapping the saddles for the original Fender steel threaded ones and have done a setup. I am very happy and quite surprised how well they intonate - they're as good as the compensated saddles. Maybe that's testament to how well made the guitar is! But I still need to sort out the after-effects of her having eaten all the pies...
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3459 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Your new guitar look beautiful mate, hope you can make peace with it. For your reference, My 90s usa strat is Alder, has a 'swimming pool' pickup route and still weighs in at 4kg... (9lb). I use a nice wide leather strap, which helps.