Gibson Les Paul Studio - Are the finish and neck joint OK?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: Gibson Les Paul Studio - Are the finish and neck joint OK?

Post by AiRdAd »

jimi wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:35 am Its Meadowbank, so just up the road from me. I don't really know enough to give an assessment on looking at it though. What was the BN? I'd quite like one of these, so if you've got cold feet let me know.
That would be fantastic thanks - I really appreciate it - I'll flick you a PM. :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Being in the process of moving myself, I’d be furious if someone hit buy now, then started asking questions that could have easily been asked in the Q&A. I think it’s poor etiquette and placing undue stress on the seller.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

Polar Bear wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:29 pm Being in the process of moving myself, I’d be furious if someone hit buy now, then started asking questions that could have easily been asked in the Q&A. I think it’s poor etiquette and placing undue stress on the seller.
Im with you on that one. Once you have hit buy now the deal is done as far as I am concerned. If you want to dick around do it beforehand. Even worse are those tossers who want to pick up and pay cash and then when they do turn up its not in good enough condition or some shit and try and knock you down in price. (has this turned into my Friday rant again ?)

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

vinylguy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:17 pm
Polar Bear wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:29 pm Being in the process of moving myself, I’d be furious if someone hit buy now, then started asking questions that could have easily been asked in the Q&A. I think it’s poor etiquette and placing undue stress on the seller.
Im with you on that one. Once you have hit buy now the deal is done as far as I am concerned. If you want to dick around do it beforehand. Even worse are those tossers who want to pick up and pay cash and then when they do turn up its not in good enough condition or some shit and try and knock you down in price. (has this turned into my Friday rant again ?)
One rant a week is pretty judicious for these old buggers.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender

Post by vinylguy »

Yeah sorry: I work in retail and by Friday I have about had it with customers. Well actually customers are all Ok mostly its the idiots who want parts for something where they dont know what they have. I mean honestly can you imagine walking into Repco to ask for a new oil filter for your car and not knowing what sort of car you have. I get answers like" oh arent they all the same " or "its a black one". FFS

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 836 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

vinylguy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:48 pm I mean honestly can you imagine walking into Repco to ask for a new oil filter for your car and not knowing what sort of car you have. I get answers like" oh arent they all the same " or "its a black one". FFS
:lol:

Totally hope this is a true story. :lol:

vinylguy
Fender
Fender

Post by vinylguy »

Its not in an Automotive industry but yes totally true happens about 10 times every day. Roll on retirement...