Anyone bought strings off Ali Express?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Re: Anyone bought strings off Ali Express?

Post by Danger Mouse »

Jay wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:03 pm Package ordered on March 10 arrived June 30. Well after I claimed for a refund for non delivery.

Received part refund with the remainder coming shortly.

Trying to cancel the refund appears not possible.... Told them in the survey that I no longer need refund...

Wonder what will happen next
I had a similar experience earlier this year, I ended up buying the item again and messaging the seller telling them not to send it to me because the original order had finally turned up.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Danger Mouse wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:40 pm
Jay wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:03 pm Package ordered on March 10 arrived June 30. Well after I claimed for a refund for non delivery.

Trying to cancel the refund appears not possible.... Told them in the survey that I no longer need refund...

I had a similar experience earlier this year, I ended up buying the item again and messaging the seller telling them not to send it to me because the original order had finally turned up.
I had two packages that were not delivered by due date (about 60 days after ordering). Both refunded so I ordered the same product but from other vendors. Both those packages arrived within 4 weeks. Then the refunded ones arrived a month later or so... Plenty of parts now :D

So you ended up with two right?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Jay wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:25 pm
Danger Mouse wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:40 pm

I had two packages that were not delivered by due date (about 60 days after ordering). Both refunded so I ordered the same product but from other vendors. Both those packages arrived within 4 weeks. Then the refunded ones arrived a month later or so... Plenty of parts now :D

So you ended up with two right?
No just the one, I couldn't undo the refund so I bought it again and asked the seller not to send me the item. I don't think the seller is in control of the refund process on Ali, I think it's automated and they just lose money if they have sent it but it's just circling the globe a few hundred times.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.