The Acoustic Thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 741 times

Re: The Acoustic Thread

Post by olegmcnoleg »

codedog wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:44 am
Slowy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:17 am We have a special thread to keep this guy contained.
But! Sir! Oleg started it!
Me??? Started what??? I never touched him...

Ironically, this thread has reminded me of just how awesome Justin Hawkins is (see JB's last post above), so now I'm listening to The Darkness and Hot Leg on repeat. Not much acoustic guitar in that, but wow it makes me smile.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Post by codedog »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:23 am
Slowy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:17 am We have a special thread to keep this guy contained.

Ironically, this thread has reminded me of just how awesome Justin Hawkins is (see JB's last post above), so now I'm listening to The Darkness and Hot Leg on repeat. Not much acoustic guitar in that, but wow it makes me smile.
I don't have the most eclectic taste in music. That video of Justin Hawkins' channel was quite enjoyable, and now I have another bunch of stuff to discover!

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

codedog wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:27 am
olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:23 am

I don't have the most eclectic taste in music. That video of Justin Hawkins' channel was quite enjoyable, and now I have another bunch of stuff to discover!
The Darkness were huge in the UK for a while. It is very tongue in cheek metal. Like Queen and Def Leopard had a cross-dressing love child with a strong sense of irony.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 801 times

Post by hamo »

Pretty sure The Darkness are touring here imminently - or they just left. Also think they were playing Vic uni, and it's not a been massively publicised thing.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

hamo wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:52 am Pretty sure The Darkness are touring here imminently - or they just left. Also think they were playing Vic uni, and it's not a been massively publicised thing.
This pretty much sums up my mental health for years… :mental:

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

hamo wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:52 am Pretty sure The Darkness are touring here imminently - or they just left. Also think they were playing Vic uni, and it's not a been massively publicised thing.
Good call! Just checked...they are playing the Powerstation on Oct 22. Cool.

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by opsguy »

They are cool. I saw them on Tuesday night in Melbourne. Well worth the effort if you can get a ticket.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Proper Granddad plays modern music on his granddad guitar!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

oasisguitar
Stagg
Stagg

Post by oasisguitar »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:21 am That Ibanez guitar sounds absolutely terrible. Really thin and trebly, almost no sustain. I suppose it suits this style of playing & music well as it is easy to get it over the top of the mix. And playing that fast, you need attack & not sustain.

Here's something entirely opposite: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmiWlMJiq1s
[/youtube]
Hey, How about this https://oasisguitar.com/ibanez-acoustic-guitar-review/?

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

oasisguitar wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:21 am
olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:21 am That Ibanez guitar sounds absolutely terrible. Really thin and trebly, almost no sustain. I suppose it suits this style of playing & music well as it is easy to get it over the top of the mix. And playing that fast, you need attack & not sustain.

Here's something entirely opposite: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmiWlMJiq1s
[/youtube]
Vomit....

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 241 times
Been liked: 587 times

Post by Starfire »

vinylguy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:54 pm

[/youtube]
Vomit....
Spam, I think. So yes, you're right.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

[/youtube]
Vomit....
That Ibanez review has to be computer generated, it makes no sense.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:06 pm

Vomit....
That Ibanez review has to be computer generated, it makes no sense.
Has anyone asked ChatGPT to review that guitar?

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Yes, here you go...

ME: Write a review of the Ibanez TOD10N Tim Henson Signature 6-String Nylon Guitar

ChatGPT: The Ibanez TOD10N Tim Henson Signature 6-String Nylon Guitar is a top-of-the-line instrument designed for serious musicians. The guitar features a beautiful, solid European spruce top and Indian rosewood back and sides, which offer a warm and clear tone that is perfect for classical and flamenco playing styles. The cutaway design allows for easy access to the higher frets, making it an ideal choice for playing intricate solos.

One of the standout features of this guitar is its comfortable, ergonomic neck. Tim Henson's signature model features a modified classical neck profile with a flatter radius, which makes playing fast, complex chords and arpeggios a breeze. The ebony fretboard is smooth and fast, allowing for effortless playing.

The Ibanez TOD10N Tim Henson Signature 6-String Nylon Guitar is equipped with a top-of-the-line electronics system, which includes a high-quality pickup and preamp system. This allows the player to plug in and play through an amplifier or PA system, making it an ideal choice for live performances.

In terms of build quality, the Ibanez TOD10N Tim Henson Signature 6-String Nylon Guitar is second to none. The instrument is built with the highest quality materials and expert craftsmanship, ensuring that it will last for many years to come.

In conclusion, the Ibanez TOD10N Tim Henson Signature 6-String Nylon Guitar is an excellent choice for classical and flamenco players looking for a high-quality instrument. Its comfortable neck, top-notch electronics system, and premium construction make it a great investment for serious musicians.