The Acoustic Thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Re: The Acoustic Thread

Post by Starfire »

vinylguy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:03 pm Another issue with this guitar is that it’s an acoustic.
Fixed. Or maybe just another way of saying the same thing. :shifty:

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Bg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:31 pm
jeremyb wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:20 pm
Bg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:44 pm But, In terms of sound quality, the Ibanez TOD10N Tim Henson Signature 6-String Nylon Guitar is solid, but it may not suit every player's individual preferences.
I thought it was hollow?!??!?!?!
One issue with this guitar is its price point, which is significantly higher than many other comparable instruments. For some musicians, the premium price tag may not be justifiable, especially given the competition in the market.
Wow, you are really knowledgeable when it comes to cross-over classical guitars Beeg.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I’m a big fan of Tim Henson, one of the best uk tennis players ever
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

You got it completely wrong, Beeg. We're all talking about Tom Jensen, the amazing guitarist!

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

I thought we were talking about Jim Henson, creator of the Muppets.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:20 pm I thought we were talking about Jim Henson, creator of the Muppets.
I would love to put my hand inside him.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

quyet
Gibson
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by quyet »

Got to try this old Harmony today. Louder than I expected. Who doesn't love a good archtop. Pretty sure used to belong to a fourmite here.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

That sounds very cool, and just as it should. Nice playing.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Love me a good ii-V-I.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

If that is a right handed Harmony H954 Broadway then it is my old one I bought from ebay in 2006, don't know of any others here.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

Pretty sure that is my one that I fitted the Dearmond pickup to. Stroppy guitar, great for white stripes type stuff.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

The Band's singer has a Martin acoustic. He bought it over 15 years ago and has hammered it ever since. It's one of those cheapies with a solid top, nato back and sides and a laminate neck so rigid it could be used as a crane boom.
It's now starting to show a lifetime of hard work and recently I've discovered what a brilliant thing it has become. It's punchy and percussive, loud yet quite sweet sounding at the same time. A perfect strummer guitar in the very best way. I've heard these are a favourite for Kapa Haka performance and I can understand why.
I've actually fallen a bit in love with a cheap ass Martin. Given my level of acoustic guitar snobbery, this is a disturbing development.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

quyet
Gibson
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by quyet »

Thought I'd share my gypsy gat too. 26.4 inch scale

Attachments
20230220_201017.jpg
20230220_201017.jpg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 1168 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

quyet wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:12 pm Thought I'd share my gypsy gat too. 26.4 inch scale

Oh I liked that, I did! Very sweet playing Sir. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

vinylguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by vinylguy »

Slowy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:10 pm The Band's singer has a Martin acoustic. He bought it over 15 years ago and has hammered it ever since. It's one of those cheapies with a solid top, nato back and sides and a laminate neck so rigid it could be used as a crane boom.
It's now starting to show a lifetime of hard work and recently I've discovered what a brilliant thing it has become. It's punchy and percussive, loud yet quite sweet sounding at the same time. A perfect strummer guitar in the very best way. I've heard these are a favourite for Kapa Haka performance and I can understand why.
I've actually fallen a bit in love with a cheap ass Martin. Given my level of acoustic guitar snobbery, this is a disturbing development.
Funnily enough I have just picked up one of these myself, a 2004 model ex Chrissy Hynde. Bloody brilliant thing, the cheapest Martin I have ever owned and by far and away my favourite. It actually has soul which seems to be unusual in a Martin.