Artist Guitars?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1058 times

Re: Artist Guitars?

Post by NippleWrestler »

How come you'd pay GST on something under $1k total?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Post by jeremyb »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:09 pm How come you'd pay GST on something under $1k total?
Oh god don't start that....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

Does this site have a new daza?
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

H671 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:45 pm Does this site have a new daza?
Holy crap Steve I think you're onto something there!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gitar »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:09 pm How come you'd pay GST on something under $1k total?
jeremy if ya didnt keep repeating the same info (nobody replied because we already knew) I already knew, wasnt like customs werent answering me either.

Nips, to answer you briefly. Thomann are registered with Customs/IRD as selling more than $60k worth of gear to NZ per year, so by they collect GST on all items under $1k and do not collect GST on all items over $1k, as per instruction by our IRD. If that doesnt add up just DM me and I will send you the info from IRD and Customs as to why they do it (just so we dont keep this thread bogged down with the IRD saying one thing doin another type threads etc)

How bad can it be, gets a lot of good reviews. Damn good pup, damn good frets, damn good trem.
https://www.thomannmusic.com/intl/harle ... fr_vbk.htm

works out at ~$823 plus postage, so just over $1k.

What other single cuts with a quality trem and modern EMGs or any newish brand name pickups can rival it?

I dont think their is a Floyd Rose version of the Ec-400. There is the ec-200GH, the Kramer Assault 220 in white (just needs a hardened steel Lic Floyd for $70 to replace what is likely a zinc model special) $700 local, $800 with hardened trem and then you got pickups maybe $1k all up.

The Kramer Assault Plus is pretty gnarly for $1500 though https://www.rockshop.co.nz/kramer-assau ... -headstock looks way better in real sunlight images and in person.

I wish the Artist $400 single cut active pup which looks the goods had a floyd option. I could make or buy some FR templates to route the guitar out and used the hardened steel one at $100. Upgrade to EMG 57-66TW for about $300, $800. hmmmm, the HB has a genuine FR although Id prefer the extra single coil in the TW set, the voicings on the Hot Retro 70s are close in the HB.

I cannot think of a better or cheaper Single cut FR?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Gitar wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:48 pm
jeremy if ya didnt keep repeating the same info (nobody replied because we already knew) I already knew, wasnt like customs werent answering me either.
Then why do you keep posting that it's incorrect?

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:01 pm
Then why do you keep posting that it's incorrect?
[/quote]

Im NOT saying the process is incorrect, you are reading it literal and not what Im intending, I did try to clarify that.

What I am saying is it is morally wrong to say NZ gets tax free imports up to $1k, when in reality, for many obviously beneficial to them, reasons, this is impractically the case. Just a quick guess I would say it would be 95% plus that are GST free under $1k.

It clearly makes it sound nice for us consumers, but by enforcing business to passe on GST to IRD on items under $1k, it is no longer a tax break, some would say its more than immoral. Of course the wording has lots of fine print. Like all fine print its out fault for not reading it.

The point is, instead of trying to sound like the good guys with sub $1k gst free, just cut the BS and remove it all together to tidy it up. That is my point.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Post by Bg »

So you think its morally incorrect to say NZ gets tax free imports up to $1k, can you post an example of where it says that?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

Bg wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:05 pm So you think its morally incorrect to say NZ gets tax free imports up to $1k, can you post an example of where it says that?
"We do not collect any duty, fees or GST unless the value of your item/shipment is over NZ$1000. This doesn’t apply to alcohol or tobacco. "

I think alluding to a tax benefit and then blocking most chances of it occurring is a little shady, yes, and Im not alone. There is zero point in stating the above to make out we have an import tax break.

Can we drop it on here though, its clogging up the forum and repeating crap some of us see the issue with and others just want to play "read the fine print" troll. There is no win with it, which is why I decided to do something about it rather than sitting around on a forum policing the wording out. Of which is subtly different to the prior $400 limit.

Please

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Gitar »

Back to Arist Guitars

Ive been looking at that thinline and day dreaming I could do a lot with that. Ive been told the neck is rather beefy, thats ok. I love single hole guitars. 2 f holes tends to make the guitar too chimy for my liking. But I enjoy the acoustic feel with a single.

Easy body to modify if wanted. Not sure on that yet. But I had been considering either a Floyd or a Wilkinson similar to a vegatrem, capable of floating, so up or down. I just dont know the internals of the block and if it would accomodate. In saying that Floyd have a very narrow spring spacing compared to a vintage trem.

Is out of stock until Oct.

There really are a lot of gats that would help me rebuild my collection after wake up to life and having to sell my collection to fund that recovery. Im not up to builds but up to some mods. Thats where the fun is. I think this with a trem would sound excellent with a JTM45 pedal, maybe a vibe and of course a wah. Clean or dirty. It sounds solid.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Cats breath etc etc... my foes list has two entries on it now...
Last edited by jeremyb on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Post by Bg »

Gitar wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:29 pm
Bg wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:05 pm So you think its morally incorrect to say NZ gets tax free imports up to $1k, can you post an example of where it says that?
"We do not collect any duty, fees or GST unless the value of your item/shipment is over NZ$1000. This doesn’t apply to alcohol or tobacco. "

I think alluding to a tax benefit and then blocking most chances of it occurring is a little shady, yes, and Im not alone. There is zero point in stating the above to make out we have an import tax break.

Can we drop it on here though, its clogging up the forum and repeating crap some of us see the issue with and others just want to play "read the fine print" troll. There is no win with it, which is why I decided to do something about it rather than sitting around on a forum policing the wording out. Of which is subtly different to the prior $400 limit.

Please
No, obviously I meant can you post an example with a reference, please. Not a random quote with no reference. Just curious as to where you got your information
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 373 times

Post by dayl »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:18 am There mighty bass arrived this morning, first impressions are decent, action is a bit high down the dusty end but nothing that can’t be cured… looking forward to plugging it in and having a listen!

How is it bro? Does it DONK?

Was thinking of grabbing one and gutting it for a decent crisp and clear jazz bass pup to keep things simple. Mainly because I expect sub par electronics.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

dayl wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:10 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:18 am There mighty bass arrived this morning, first impressions are decent, action is a bit high down the dusty end but nothing that can’t be cured… looking forward to plugging it in and having a listen!

How is it bro? Does it DONK?

Was thinking of grabbing one and gutting it for a decent crisp and clear jazz bass pup to keep things simple. Mainly because I expect sub par electronics.
Embarrassingly but not surprisingly I’ve not plugged it in, been too obsessed solving my pedalboard noise issues… will give it a wang tomorrow and report back!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 801 times

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:16 pm will give it a wang tomorrow and report back!
Let us know how the bass is too
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster