NRD

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

NRD

Post by k1w1 »

New Resonator day, for the last decade or more I have bought 14 fret steel body single cones, 14 fret brass body single cones, 12 fret wood body single cones chasing the sound I was after (my tricone is a different beast).

Finally I got the sound, steel body 12 fret Republic turned up yesterday, just what I was wanting, loud, brash and punchy, has that Son House nasty. Interesting the fretboard is Blackwood Tek, apparently treated pine (NZ fast growth) and I must say it feels and looks like rosewood.

ImageIMG_2192 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

And wow have they upped the quality of their pod cases, this thing is very impressive

ImageIMG_2194 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Re: NRD

Post by Slowy »

Nice! A good Republic is a thing of beauty.

Happy NGD.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Litterick
Gibson
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Litterick »

As is a well-stocked bookshelf; Paul Oliver's Story of the Blues and Peter Guralnick's Feel Like Going Home should be inspiring.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 523 times
Been liked: 353 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Very nice! Congrats.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Litterick wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:25 pm As is a well-stocked bookshelf; Paul Oliver's Story of the Blues and Peter Guralnick's Feel Like Going Home should be inspiring.
Thanks, I have about 15 books on blues, the most interesting was Alan Lomax's The Land Where The Blues Began, saddest was Blind Willie McTell: Hand Me Down My Walking Shoes.
WellyBlues wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:10 am Very nice! Congrats.
Thanks, I did like the 14 fret I sold you, just I had the brass thing covered with my tricone, this is punchy and can get nasty - so far Rollin' and Tumblin' is loud and grinding.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

I've got major resonator GAS at the moment, looking for something different to add to the stable!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

That looks lovely, congrats
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”