Acoustic Pickup (all sorted)

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jake
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 107 times

Acoustic Pickup (all sorted)

Post by Jake »

Hey team - need to decide on a pickup for my acoustic. It's an old Ibanez (1979 A340 - fun fact, my brother has the exact same guitar and year but with different back and sides)

Will replace the endpin with an output jack (hate the look of cables trailing out of the soundhole) but other than that would like it to be as non-invasive as possible.

Doesn't need any controls or preamp as I just picked up a Boss AD-3 to handle that side of things.

Budget is below $200 - usually I'd shop second hand but there doesn't seem to be any...

Keen to hear recommendations!
IMG_5030.JPG
IMG_5030.JPG (1.68 MiB) Viewed 851 times
Last edited by Jake on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Re: Advice on Acoustic Pickup

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Got a Lyric if you're interested. Currently installed in my Lowden but it's not working for the bigger gigs so I'll be replacing it. I've really liked it over the years, but it needs some EQ to sound right, and it doesn't have a lot of bass. Boss AD3 would be an excellent match I imagine.

Jake
Gibson
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Advice on Acoustic Pickup

Post by Jake »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:42 pm Got a Lyric if you're interested. Currently installed in my Lowden but it's not working for the bigger gigs so I'll be replacing it. I've really liked it over the years, but it needs some EQ to sound right, and it doesn't have a lot of bass. Boss AD3 would be an excellent match I imagine.
Sounds the ticket! PM'd