NFORDGD

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

NFORDGD

Post by WellyBlues »

New Found on Rubbish Dump Guitar Day on Wednesday.

Was unloading the car at the transfer station and the trailer next to me had this Epiphone Special II lying on top. So I grabbed it. Something to practice soldering, fret work etc on. Or just clean it up and give it to someone. Or just lie around untouched taking up space, most likely :lol:
20210702_114109.jpg
20210702_114109.jpg (9.51 MiB) Viewed 2628 times
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Re: NFORDGD

Post by Danger Mouse »

You missed an option, wall mounted for cool artwork purposes.

Score though!
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

WellyBlues wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:25 pm New Found on Rubbish Dump Guitar Day on Wednesday.

Was unloading the car at the transfer station and the trailer next to me had this Epiphone Special II lying on top. So I grabbed it. Something to practice soldering, fret work etc on. Or just clean it up and give it to someone. Or just lie around untouched taking up space, most likely :lol:
20210702_114109.jpg
Clean it up and pass on to these folk. Good score!

https://thegoodtimefoundation.co.nz/support/

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

We used to live in Opotiki, one of the few places where you can go 'behind the scenes' and scavenge at the local council recycling centre. I got so many treasures from there including native timber, a huge collection of hub caps from vintage cars, some cool old hi-fi speakers and even an old organ that I removed the Leslie unit from.

Best score though was a signed limited edition copy of 'The History of Top Dressing in NZ' that I on-sold for $350. Crazy b'tards used to do it in DC's!!!

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

IMOCD wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:23 pm We used to live in Opotiki, one of the few places where you can go 'behind the scenes' and scavenge at the local council recycling centre. I got so many treasures from there including native timber, a huge collection of hub caps from vintage cars, some cool old hi-fi speakers and even an old organ that I removed the Leslie unit from.

Best score though was a signed limited edition copy of 'The History of Top Dressing in NZ' that I on-sold for $350. Crazy b'tards used to do it in DC's!!!
At our local refuse centre, the only old organ is sitting inside the overalls of the supervisor. You won't remove it easily.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by IMOCD »

[/quote]
At our local refuse centre, the only old organ is sitting inside the overalls of the supervisor. You won't remove it easily.
[/quote]

:lol: :clap:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

werdna wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:16 pm
IMOCD wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:23 pm We used to live in Opotiki, one of the few places where you can go 'behind the scenes' and scavenge at the local council recycling centre. I got so many treasures from there including native timber, a huge collection of hub caps from vintage cars, some cool old hi-fi speakers and even an old organ that I removed the Leslie unit from.

You might if you say your name is Leslie!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:13 pm

Brilliant. Much better than the "I'd run my fingers over that organ" which I was expecting.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

werdna wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:04 pm
Brilliant. Much better than the "I'd run my fingers over that organ" which I was expecting.
Silly Billy, you can't finger an organ!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:16 pm
werdna wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:04 pm

Silly Billy, you can't finger an organ!
You can finger anything with enough spittle.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ