NPD - Xvive Memory Analog Delay

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 196 times

NPD - Xvive Memory Analog Delay

Post by Dano_NZ »

Howard Davis designed, smaller box DMM sort of thing. Doesn't sound exactly like my DMM but its pretty close. It does have your typical analog noise and clock whine when maxed. When I first plugged it in I thought way too much noise, but its only a little noisier than the DMM and Boss DM-2W. Suspect I'll keep it on the board for a bit and then go back to the huge big box DMM see below.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3497 times
Been liked: 714 times

Re: NPD - Xvive Memory Analog Delay

Post by Cdog »

There was quite a buzz in the diy pedal community when Xvive released the MN3005 clones a few years ago. These are the equivqlent BBD chips used in old analog delays like the DMM. I have a set and a pcb ready for that day in the distant future when I can finally build a clone of the holy grail of analog delays, (your big box DMM). Prolly cheaper to buy this Xvive pedal tho, ha. Happy NPD, glad to hear you like it

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

I had one of these briefly. Great sounding pedal!!

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Cdog wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:05 pm There was quite a buzz in the diy pedal community when Xvive released the MN3005 clones a few years ago. These are the equivqlent BBD chips used in old analog delays like the DMM. I have a set and a pcb ready for that day in the distant future when I can finally build a clone of the holy grail of analog delays, (your big box DMM). Prolly cheaper to buy this Xvive pedal tho, ha. Happy NPD, glad to hear you like it
Yeah they bought the rights to produce a lot of obsolete parts. I actually got my vactrols from them that I need for my mesa boogie since they'd been obsolete for 15 years until xvive brought them back. Cool stuff.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7736 times
Been liked: 4180 times

Post by jeremyb »

I'm sure they would sell a ton if they made them look even vaguely attractive!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.