NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2400
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1795 times
Been liked: 639 times

NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by KNNZ »

8194DAF4-5F26-49C3-9ADA-616FA9CC0504.jpeg
8194DAF4-5F26-49C3-9ADA-616FA9CC0504.jpeg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 466 times
EA41F248-D77D-4371-A2CA-7AB9061F2F26.jpeg
EA41F248-D77D-4371-A2CA-7AB9061F2F26.jpeg (4.23 MiB) Viewed 466 times
92975BEA-B945-4D8A-8991-2EEDA1EB4F3D.jpeg
92975BEA-B945-4D8A-8991-2EEDA1EB4F3D.jpeg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 466 times
It was inevitable. I am so in love with this R7! It has a big chunky neck but comfortable unlike the baseball bat neck I had on my ex-Fano

Muchas gracias to Phil the great gentleman for this!

User avatar
Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1256
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Hamilton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by Lyle »

Nice! What year is it?

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2400
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1795 times
Been liked: 639 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by KNNZ »

Lyle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:14 pm Nice! What year is it?
i believe it's a 2006
oh and someone has already called dibs on it :lol: but this one's a keeper :wink:

murky
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:13 am
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by murky »

Was that the one from Guitars Rock? Don’t suppose you could kindly measure the neck circumference?

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2400
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1795 times
Been liked: 639 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by KNNZ »

murky wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:23 pm Was that the one from Guitars Rock? Don’t suppose you could kindly measure the neck circumference?
Nope that one is a LP Standard and it’s still available if u want it :wink:

Not sure how to measure that?

User avatar
Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4586
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:01 pm
Has liked: 602 times
Been liked: 337 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by Zaulkin »

Hnnnnnng

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 16099
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1710 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by Slowy »

Best Lester colour ever. :thumbup:
"I would stop worrying about it and ride."
Sizzilingbadger.

murky
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:13 am
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by murky »

KNNZ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:20 pm
murky wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:23 pm Was that the one from Guitars Rock? Don’t suppose you could kindly measure the neck circumference?
Nope that one is a LP Standard and it’s still available if u want it :wink:

Not sure how to measure that?
🥳

Cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the neck, mark, take off and measure? I’m looking for something similar, but want a huge neck, so trying to gather some intel and compare against what I already have. The usual calliper measurement doesn’t really tell how big the shoulders are. If it’s too much trouble, no dramas, thanks in advance if it is possible though!

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2400
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1795 times
Been liked: 639 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by KNNZ »

murky wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:24 am
KNNZ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:20 pm
murky wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:23 pm Was that the one from Guitars Rock? Don’t suppose you could kindly measure the neck circumference?
Nope that one is a LP Standard and it’s still available if u want it :wink:

Not sure how to measure that?
🥳

Cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the neck, mark, take off and measure? I’m looking for something similar, but want a huge neck, so trying to gather some intel and compare against what I already have. The usual calliper measurement doesn’t really tell how big the shoulders are. If it’s too much trouble, no dramas, thanks in advance if it is possible though!
good idea! measured first fret 7.2cm and 12th fret 8.3cm

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3702
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2355 times
Been liked: 779 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by codedog »

KNNZ wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:48 pm
murky wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:24 am
KNNZ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Nope that one is a LP Standard and it’s still available if u want it :wink:

Not sure how to measure that?
🥳

Cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the neck, mark, take off and measure? I’m looking for something similar, but want a huge neck, so trying to gather some intel and compare against what I already have. The usual calliper measurement doesn’t really tell how big the shoulders are. If it’s too much trouble, no dramas, thanks in advance if it is possible though!
good idea! measured first fret 7.2cm and 12th fret 8.3cm
There was a thread, started by Jay/JVVP, that catalogued circumferences of various necks. Would be good to add this to the pile so we can compare!

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3702
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2355 times
Been liked: 779 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by codedog »

Those measurements don't sound quite right. Check out the "What is your girth" thread. Those numbers would make the neck super skinny, not the typical chunky 50s.

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 36439
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3063 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by Bg »

codedog wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:15 pm Check out the "What is your girth" thread.
Was this meant for a different forum???
"What constitutes a porn addiction"
"I'd say when you keep watching after you've finished"

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3702
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2355 times
Been liked: 779 times

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by codedog »

Bg wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:27 pm
codedog wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:15 pm Check out the "What is your girth" thread.
Was this meant for a different forum???
Yeh yeh yeh... I was expecting that. Too easy, not worthy of JB's time, really.

For your reference, Keon, check out this post: viewtopic.php?p=880308#p880308

User avatar
Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4307
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm
Has liked: 898 times
Been liked: 744 times
Contact:

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by Jay »

KNNZ wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:48 pm
murky wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:24 am
KNNZ wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Nope that one is a LP Standard and it’s still available if u want it :wink:

Not sure how to measure that?
🥳

Cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the neck, mark, take off and measure? I’m looking for something similar, but want a huge neck, so trying to gather some intel and compare against what I already have. The usual calliper measurement doesn’t really tell how big the shoulders are. If it’s too much trouble, no dramas, thanks in advance if it is possible though!
good idea! measured first fret 7.2cm and 12th fret 8.3cm
You need to measure all the way around pulling the paper tight. I think you have excluded the fretboard width.
"Better a soiled dove in the hand than two in the bush"

User avatar
Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4307
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm
Has liked: 898 times
Been liked: 744 times
Contact:

Re: NGD: Gibson LP Custom Shop VOS “Historic” Goldtop R7

Post by Jay »

codedog wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:07 pm
KNNZ wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:48 pm
murky wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:24 am

🥳

Cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the neck, mark, take off and measure? I’m looking for something similar, but want a huge neck, so trying to gather some intel and compare against what I already have. The usual calliper measurement doesn’t really tell how big the shoulders are. If it’s too much trouble, no dramas, thanks in advance if it is possible though!
good idea! measured first fret 7.2cm and 12th fret 8.3cm
There was a thread, started by Jay/JVVP, that catalogued circumferences of various necks. Would be good to add this to the pile so we can compare!
Yes, there were actually few more measurements provided but I never got to put them. Can do if people think it is useful...

Oh, and it used to be JvPP, no double V. Just like Slowly is actually Slowy :moresarc:
"Better a soiled dove in the hand than two in the bush"

Post Reply