Pyramid strings

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Re: Pyramid strings

Post by jeremyb »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:42 pm I use Pyramid Gold flats on one guitar. Great strings, something like $70-80 a set though!
And I thought elixirs were expensive :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

mr_sooty wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 am I stock Pyramid Violin strings...
Does that make you a pyramid seller?

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

[/quote]
Word to the wise though, beware of the wound g (if that's the route you go) as I have had several unravel on me.
[/quote]

If it's the round core that unraveled, you are meant to put a bend in them before cutting them, which is easy with vintage fender tuners.

I use pyramids on one of my strats warms up the sound and smooths it out but my main strat doesn't need them and I prefer normal D'addario's on that one for the extra snap in the bass.

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:42 pm I use Pyramid Gold flats on one guitar. Great strings, something like $70-80 a set though!
Wow. Didn’t realise they even sold strings that expensive.....

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Bigdaddy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:04 pm
mr_sooty wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 am I've never tried the Pyramid guitar strings, but I stock Pyramid Violin strings as a much cheaper alternative to the more expensive Thomastik strings which are the industry standard The Violin teachers hate the pyramids and ask their students not to get them. Perhaps we guitarists are less fussy than violin players. I stock Thomastik flatwound guitar strings but haven't actually tried them either.
Is that the Family Music Store? Got the Jazz Swing set in October. Do you have the 12-50 set in stock? They are way better than the d'addario chromes.
Got these back in stock (12's only):
https://www.familymusic.co.nz/product/tjs111/

Bigdaddy
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Bigdaddy »

mr_sooty wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:12 pm
Bigdaddy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:04 pm
mr_sooty wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 am I've never tried the Pyramid guitar strings, but I stock Pyramid Violin strings as a much cheaper alternative to the more expensive Thomastik strings which are the industry standard The Violin teachers hate the pyramids and ask their students not to get them. Perhaps we guitarists are less fussy than violin players. I stock Thomastik flatwound guitar strings but haven't actually tried them either.
Is that the Family Music Store? Got the Jazz Swing set in October. Do you have the 12-50 set in stock? They are way better than the d'addario chromes.
Got these back in stock (12's only):
https://www.familymusic.co.nz/product/tjs111/
Order placed.
"Have tone issues with all the options available today? practice more...." -John Suhr

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Bigdaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm Order placed.
Cheers man!