Single pickup rock machines

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mr Davison
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Single pickup rock machines

Post by Mr Davison »

robthemac wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Your friend broke their scapula? Fuck that.
After two bottles of Absinthe at our friends hillside shack, an adventurous walk was decided by the group. On our way down a coastal track he fell off a cliff, saved from falling further by getting wrapped around a tree after hitting the rocks. Scaling down to bring him back up was very difficult, made even more so by his severe intoxication. It gets worse, after getting him back to the shack one of our friends decides it must be dislocated so gives him a full arm revolve to put it back in๐Ÿ˜ฎ The resulting scream was both brutal & haunting. Very metal. These events took place on Waiheke island during a storm, winds were too strong to get helicoptered out & ferries were mostly cancelled following day. Fentanyl helped him cope with the boat ride back to the mainland. He is recovering well albeit slowly
Sonic mayhem unleashed

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Mr Davison wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:50 pm

After two bottles of Absinthe at our friends hillside shack, an adventurous walk was decided by the group. On our way down a coastal track he fell off a cliff, saved from falling further by getting wrapped around a tree after hitting the rocks. Scaling down to bring him back up was very difficult, made even more so by his severe intoxication. It gets worse, after getting him back to the shack one of our friends decides it must be dislocated so gives him a full arm revolve to put it back in๐Ÿ˜ฎ The resulting scream was both brutal & haunting. Very metal. These events took place on Waiheke island during a storm, winds were too strong to get helicoptered out & ferries were mostly cancelled following day. Fentanyl helped him cope with the boat ride back to the mainland. He is recovering well albeit slowly
I stubbed my toe last week. That was pretty sore too.
Jops wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

robthemac wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:04 pm

You sure it's not dislocated? Have a friend that can help...
Sonic mayhem unleashed

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Mr Davison wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:08 pm
robthemac wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:04 pm

You sure it's not dislocated? Have a friend that can help...
Probably still more qualified than me.
Jops wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

I blame silly NZ laws. If we were allowed real Absinthe, proper Wormwood stuff, after two bottles the Green Fairy would have swooped down and grabbed your mate before he hurt himself.

I presume that gig in the photo was the one you did immediately after rescuing him?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

Slowy wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:28 pm

I blame silly NZ laws. If we were allowed real Absinthe, proper Wormwood stuff, after two bottles the Green Fairy would have swooped down and grabbed your mate before he hurt himself.

I presume that gig in the photo was the one you did immediately after rescuing him?
You mean like this:
IMG20210812203319.jpg
IMG20210812203319.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 3745 times
I have two boxes & a few bottles in the freezer๐Ÿ˜

Gig photo is gender reassignment related, asked for the heavy bleeder option to make it more authentic ๐Ÿ˜œ
Sonic mayhem unleashed

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Back to more serious things, bit of a history on the Rasta guitar here: http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/threads ... ion-Thread

The normal frankies have been done to death, I feel like a project...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Mr Davison wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:42 pm

You mean like this:
IMG20210812203319.jpg

Gig photo is gender reassignment related, asked for the heavy bleeder option to make it more authentic ๐Ÿ˜œ
Where did you get that?!!!! :wtf:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Slowy wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:22 pm

You mean like this:
IMG20210812203319.jpg

web address is on the bottle
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958โ€ฆ amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Mr Davison
Squier

Post by Mr Davison »

sizzlingbadger wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:57 am
Slowy wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:22 pm

You mean like this:
IMG20210812203319.jpg

web address is on the bottle
Yes, comes across from oz although very difficult to bring in yourself. Small bottle shop in Highland Park (Ak) sells it. We're stocked up because it's probably harder to find in Northland (moving in a month).
Sonic mayhem unleashed

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958โ€ฆ amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Meh. "Reduced amount of Wormwood".
Wormwood is the whole reason Absinthe exists!

Hoped it might turn me into a Hemingway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:00 pm Back to more serious things, bit of a history on the Rasta guitar here: http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/threads ... ion-Thread

The strangest Fender issue ever is the Frankenstrat recreation. There was nothing Fender about the original at all!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:33 am
jeremyb wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:00 pm Back to more serious things, bit of a history on the Rasta guitar here: http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/threads ... ion-Thread

The strangest Fender issue ever is the Frankenstrat recreation. There was nothing Fender about the original at all!
So much irony eh!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.