Single pickup rock machines

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Single pickup rock machines

Post by GrantB »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:01 pm
Look at those Divided by 13 amps!!!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

if you have a PJ bass and your not using the J.

rip it out.

The bass will have no hum. (and sound way better) and will a tad lighter.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Sanctuary
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Sanctuary »

8)
A play on words, or words on play
Last chapter, verse in the final act
Words well scripted, each sentence choking
Inaudible gag, blanket which suffocates
As you eat another's words
Malnourished, you starve.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

sty wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:05 pm
The Scarecrow wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:17 am also had one of Ash's first Radian SG Jr's, with a single custom-wound pickup made by Adrian. Only had it for a year, in which the band i was in broke up and I foolishly sold it it to Sty, who's still go it as far as I know... i'm keen to buy back :P
overmyshoulder.jog.jpg

The view to my left from my desk :)

The one on the right (obviously) is Scarecrow's old Ash Radian, it's a weird guitar and should be everything I don't like (massive neck, textured neck, satin finish and yet it's the one I reach for most often. So much that one day I might try a full SG. Also seriously considering some sort of LP Jnr or similar P90 fuelled beast, especially after seeing that PhilX video with the TV Yellow one.

I really need to find a band to try and play some straight ahead simple stuff with this guitar, probably be great fun.
Off topic and a bit of a dig up - but man that Satriani looks sooooooooooooo cooooooool!!!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

@sty I'll join the queue for the Radian.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Sanctuary wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:30 pm Image

8)
Oh man I'd forgotten that green Stealth existed, had so much want for one back in the day!
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Single pickup grind machine😃
Ibanez RG2610Z. My #1. Japanese crafted perfection. Single pickup, volume only. Came stock with a SD Full Shred which was very average, pic shows the short lived EMG81 that I liked but ended up installing a Dimarzio Super 3 for the win. Setup 12-60 in B standard.
The overly self indulgent pic is of a fabulous blood & chunk covered performance (in 2017?) at what was my ultimate happy place - The King's Arms. So many good times at that majestic venue, both as a punter & performer.
16403303_1472762026081381_3701188844110500408_o.jpg
16403303_1472762026081381_3701188844110500408_o.jpg (377.43 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
Sonic mayhem unleashed

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Seems like an odd choice for folk music.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Mr Davison wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 pm The overly self indulgent pic is of a fabulous blood & chunk covered performance (in 2017?) at what was my ultimate happy place - The King's Arms. So many good times at that majestic venue, both as a punter & performer.
Cool pic and cool guitar, but I get sad every time go to our France Street data center and see the soulless, generic apartment block that is now where the The Kings Arms was.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Danger Mouse wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:56 pm
Mr Davison wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 pm The overly self indulgent pic is of a fabulous blood & chunk covered performance (in 2017?) at what was my ultimate happy place - The King's Arms. So many good times at that majestic venue, both as a punter & performer.
Cool pic and cool guitar, but I get sad every time go to our France Street data center and see the soulless, generic apartment block that is now where the The Kings Arms was.
Was driving my broken friend (scapula - ouch!) to appointments last week & had to go past the old holy site. Parked up & stared at the bland nothing it has become. We sat there for a bit swapping tales/myths reminiscing of its former glory. So tragic really. Was telling him about the time I was upstairs making a cuppa tea for one of the lads from Anvil amongst other not so wholesome stories.
At least Mark is doing sound at Whammy these days, all is not lost😃
Sonic mayhem unleashed

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Mr Davison wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 pm
Was driving my broken friend (scapula - ouch!) to appointments last week & had to go past the old holy site. Parked up & stared at the bland nothing it has become. We sat there for a bit swapping tales/myths reminiscing of its former glory. So tragic really. Was telling him about the time I was upstairs making a cuppa tea for one of the lads from Anvil amongst other not so wholesome stories.
Your friend broke their scapula? Fuck that.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

robthemac wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:32 pm
Mr Davison wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Your friend broke their scapula? Fuck that.
Yeah, nothing humerus about that.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.