Love/hate for Danelectro

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

quyet
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Re: Love/hate for Danelectro

Post by quyet »

Very nice!

Reminds me of those old Vox guitars

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

When I lived in Korea I bought a cheap little brand new DanoBlaster Innuendo ($180 with cool vintage Dano case, from a subway music shop) to maintain sanity. It was a real blast, with four built-in effects (Distortion, Tremolo, Chorus and Echo) so no need for an amp there, I just used powered headphones. The only downside to the effects units was that a 9V battery lasted about 3 seconds, otherwise very cool. The other fault was the graphite nut which was sharp at the edges and annoyed my forefinger (remembering that I cannot bend that finger due to almost severing it when I was about 13, so it sticks out). Quite good sound, 3 single coils with Strat switching.

I can't find a pix of it, so here one from the interweb:
Attachments
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Jonny »

Rog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:23 pm When I lived in Korea I bought a cheap little brand new DanoBlaster Innuendo ($180 with cool vintage Dano case, from a subway music shop) to maintain sanity. It was a real blast, with four built-in effects (Distortion, Tremolo, Chorus and Echo) so no need for an amp there, I just used powered headphones. The only downside to the effects units was that a 9V battery lasted about 3 seconds, otherwise very cool. The other fault was the graphite nut which was sharp at the edges and annoyed my forefinger (remembering that I cannot bend that finger due to almost severing it when I was about 13, so it sticks out). Quite good sound, 3 single coils with Strat switching.

You lived in Korea!? When? I picked up my Dano 59 from the Nagwon arcade in Insadong. I lived in Seoul from 2001 to 2004, and made a few significant instrument purchases there. Memories come flooding back...
Yes, M'Lady.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

I also was in Seoul in 2001. Arrived September 11th, to be exact.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)

Post by Jonny »

robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:16 pm I also was in Seoul in 2001. Arrived September 11th, to be exact.
Small world! At that time I was living in the Songpa area. That's a crazy date to be flying...
Yes, M'Lady.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Rog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:23 pm When I lived in Korea I bought a cheap little brand new DanoBlaster Innuendo ($180 with cool vintage Dano case, from a subway music shop) to maintain sanity. It was a real blast, with four built-in effects (Distortion, Tremolo, Chorus and Echo) so no need for an amp there, I just used powered headphones. The only downside to the effects units was that a 9V battery lasted about 3 seconds, otherwise very cool. The other fault was the graphite nut which was sharp at the edges and annoyed my forefinger (remembering that I cannot bend that finger due to almost severing it when I was about 13, so it sticks out). Quite good sound, 3 single coils with Strat switching.

Was there a korean shortage of sandpaper happening at the time? Sheesh, 1 minute fix...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Was there a korean shortage of sandpaper happening at the time? Sheesh, 1 minute fix...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog

Post by Rog »

robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:16 pm I also was in Seoul in 2001. Arrived September 11th, to be exact.
Lol - we might have crossed flights as we came home then.

Rog

Post by Rog »

Jonny wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:18 pm

You lived in Korea!? When? I picked up my Dano 59 from the Nagwon arcade in Insadong. I lived in Seoul from 2001 to 2004, and made a few significant instrument purchases there. Memories come flooding back...
We lived in Suwon 2000/2001.

Rog

Post by Rog »

The only foto I can find of my Dano.
Attachments
myguitars.jpg
myguitars.jpg (72.33 KiB) Viewed 2923 times

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)

Post by Jonny »

Rog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:01 pm
Jonny wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:18 pm

We lived in Suwon 2000/2001.
The only time I visited Suwon was for the Brazil vs Costa Rica World Cup match. Seemed like a nice town. Blagged tickets in the middle of the Costa Rica cheer squad. Good times. But yeah, Danelectros :wink:
Yes, M'Lady.

quyet
Gibson

Post by quyet »

Killing for a U2... wanna put gauge 14 flats and 250k pots in it - rhythm machine :D

quyet
Gibson

Post by quyet »