NGD - Gibson LEs Paul Classic

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: NGD - Gibson LEs Paul Classic

Post by AiRdAd »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:55 am
AiRdAd wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:49 am
Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:29 am I would say $3k is a good asking price for a Standard in good condition like yours is, well that's as far as the buyer is concerned. Guessing an LP Classic could be a little either side of that?

You have the knowledge of what you paid for it, so as long as you get that back in your pocket after TM take their cut. Anything more than that is a nice bonus
Yeah - I listed on the no fees promotion, so even if I don't get top dollar, I'm saving $200ish in fees.
Ah perfect. Well seeing as you won't get pinged for fees I'd be happy to lay down a decent bid if you wanted me to drive it up a bit, gotta be a good thing for the auction too if there's plenty of different people bidding :wink:
How about you bid 5k and I make you buy it!!!! hahahaha!!!!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 742 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Guys, this is making me most uncomfortable. If one of us had found out that Raid0 or Goldplated had their mates bidding up their auctions, we would be up in arms and complaining to TM.

How is this different? (a genuine question)
Last edited by olegmcnoleg on Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:42 pm Guys, this is making me most uncomfortable. If one of us had found out that Raid0 or Goldplated had their mates bidding up their auctions, we would, be up in arms and complaining to TM.

Also wondering the same?

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

I assume those bidding wouldn't mind if they won it?

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I don't see anything wrong with it.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

AiRdAd wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:42 pm I don't see anything wrong with it.
You know what shill bidding is right?
Greenstone Amplifiers

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Lyle wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:32 pm I assume those bidding wouldn't mind if they won it?
If they won by having to outbid another forumite who was only bidding to inflate the price? They might mind?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Post by robthemac »

I think it's fine if the forumites bidding actually follow through with the transaction should they win. If that bid doesn't represent an intention to purpose, then I don't think it's kosher.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

robthemac wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:12 pm I think it's fine if the forumites bidding actually follow through with the transaction should they win.
That was my intention. I'd happily bid up to $2k on it and if I win it then great :thumbup:

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

I tend to agree- shill bidding is not something I want to see happening on here. If you legit want to buy it, then that’s another story, but if you genuinely want to buy it- wouldn’t you just offer him a fair price here and pull the auction?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

bender wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm I tend to agree- shill bidding is not something I want to see happening on here. If you legit want to buy it, then that’s another story, but if you genuinely want to buy it- wouldn’t you just offer him a fair price here and pull the auction?
It's a $1 reserve fee free promotion so the seller can afford to let it go for less. Win-win. If I bid it'll be at a price I'm happy to pay.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

bender wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm I tend to agree- shill bidding is not something I want to see happening on here. If you legit want to buy it, then that’s another story, but if you genuinely want to buy it- wouldn’t you just offer him a fair price here and pull the auction?
When there's heaps of people watching the auction pulling it to do an 'outside deal' seems as unfair as shill bidding, at least to me. Guess everyone has a slightly different viewpoint

One thing to pull it with 2 people watching, but as I'm typing this there's 257 watchers on this auction and plenty of bids from a number of different people

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

I've done $1 reserve in the past, and I've taken hits because, its the nature of it. A mate shill bidding last moment is no different to goldplated pulling his low reserve auction when there are bids on it. /moral compass
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4168 times

Post by jeremyb »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:42 pm Guys, this is making me most uncomfortable. If one of us had found out that Raid0 or Goldplated had their mates bidding up their auctions, we would be up in arms and complaining to TM.

Well raid0 and goldplated don't have any mates, so this is fine :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2262 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:48 pm
olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:42 pm Guys, this is making me most uncomfortable. If one of us had found out that Raid0 or Goldplated had their mates bidding up their auctions, we would be up in arms and complaining to TM.

Well raid0 and goldplated don't have any mates, so this is fine :lol:
if you complain about capo guitars or goldplated again, you're banned for being hypocritical...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.