'62 Strat Restoration

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 742 times

Re: '62 Strat Restoration

Post by olegmcnoleg »

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3487 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:04 am Apparently, tone is in the wires:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-FENDER-ST ... SwiZZblbAg
:lol: :clap:

I can't remember which show, but there was an excellent skit in it about a store called "We Saw You Coming"!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

His band is called Buck & Evans for anyone wanting to hear more of his playing. They released their debut album last year

Some nice playing and great tones on there, comes off as a top bloke too. Only thing I find that irks me just a tad is those quick ‘slides’ he does all the time, same thing that Nick Johnston does. I’m sure it has a name but I don’t know what it’s referred to as

Anyhow I can’t talk, he’s a much classier player than I could ever dream of being! Interesting video too, finally got around to watching it last night. Wonder what the guy that did the restoration job charged him, sounds like it took him a good few months

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

codedog wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am

I can't remember which show, but there was an excellent skit in it about a store called "We Saw You Coming"!
Harry Enfield?

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3487 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Molly wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:54 pm
codedog wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am

Harry Enfield?
That's right, the show is called Harry & Paul.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7733 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

I think I'm the only one on here who doesn't like Harry Enfield, I just don't find him funny, the rest of you are obviously wrong of course.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:33 pm I think I'm the only one on here who doesn't like Harry Enfield, I just don't find him funny, the rest of you are obviously wrong of course.
Dislike! :thumbdown:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:33 pm I think I'm the only one on here who doesn't like Harry Enfield, I just don't find him funny, the rest of you are obviously wrong of course.
Harry Enfield isn't even slightly funny, but Paul Whitehouse is, who wrote most of his material. They fell out for a while, when Harry claimed he came up with most of the material himself and carried Paul, so Paul told him to do his own writing. The result of that was Harry Enfield's Brand Spanking New Show, which was fucking awful.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Rowley Birkin QC was one of my favourites from the Fast Show

Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Danger Mouse wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 pm
Harry Enfield isn't even slightly funny, but Paul Whitehouse is, who wrote most of his material. They fell out for a while, when Harry claimed he came up with most of the material himself and carried Paul, so Paul told him to do his own writing. The result of that was Harry Enfield's Brand Spanking New Show, which was fucking awful.
Oh he's funny, he just needs a partnership to write good material. Paul Whitehouse is the same, he didn't write the fast show by himself ;)

I mean come on, 'Misty Buff' is a classic, and Molly has been painting guitars and amps in that colour ever since.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.