Paging Conway!

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Paging Conway!

Post by Molly »

willow13 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:57 am
AiRdAd wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:53 am I knew this would get posted here!!! :-) Excluding the tiger
:shock: pretty hard to excluded something that takes up nearly half the guitar. Man if gibson was on the headstock of this POS the internet would melt down :rofl:

I just hope that this was a custom made for a customer because if the people at PRS thought this was a good idea I think these lockdowns have had a very negative effect on their creative team
So, that's an actual PRS guitar? I thought it was a joke. Looks like a child's drawing.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

That is truly horrific.
Loving it so far

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:59 pm
AiRdAd wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:53 am I knew this would get posted here!!! :-) Excluding the tiger
:shock: pretty hard to excluded something that takes up nearly half the guitar. Man if gibson was on the headstock of this POS the internet would melt down :rofl:

I just hope that this was a custom made for a customer because if the people at PRS thought this was a good idea I think these lockdowns have had a very negative effect on their creative team
So, that's an actual PRS guitar? I thought it was a joke. Looks like a child's drawing.
Yours for a trivial $22k USD + shipping! :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Bah... haters! Go Tiger! :lol:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:03 am Yes, even PRS can have the occasional lapse of judgment...
Yeah, one can forgive much after work like this: 8)
Dragona.jpg
Dragona.jpg (295.38 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Dragon.jpg
Dragon.jpg (116.1 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Slowy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 pm
Conway wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:03 am Yes, even PRS can have the occasional lapse of judgment...
Dragona.jpgDragon.jpg
Urgh, those guitars would have to be right up there with a 2020 planner for the year's most useless purchase. Not totally useless, but in terms of use/cost, about as much use as the planner (which, being paper, could have some other uses ;-) )

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:21 pm
Molly wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Yours for a trivial $22k USD + shipping! :lol:
I'll take 3! One for weekdays, one for saturday and one for sunday best :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Dragona.jpgDragon.jpg
honestly at least the workmanship of those look like adults at least did it. That tiger looks like some dude and his daughter were locked in the PRS factory for all of their lockdown and he let her have a go at making one because they had nothing else to do
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

um hate to break the news here guys, I thought something about it looked fake so started to research and nope its real. BUT it gets worse there is more than one
PRSTiger_a.jpg
PRSTiger_a.jpg (77.53 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
at least with this one it looks like a little more effort went into making the tiger look "real" :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

willow13 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:48 pm um hate to break the news here guys, I thought something about it looked fake so started to research and nope its real. BUT it gets worse there is more than one

PRSTiger_a.jpg

at least with this one it looks like a little more effort went into making the tiger look "real" :rofl:
The difference is astonishing. I put them side by side and it looks like the Artist and their kid.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 pm
Dragona.jpgDragon.jpg
Urgh, those guitars would have to be right up there with a 2020 planner for the year's most useless purchase. Not totally useless, but in terms of use/cost, about as much use as the planner (which, being paper, could have some other uses ;-) )
I suggest you miss the point. They are all among the finest examples of contemporary inlay art. And they use a PRS as a canvas. What's not to like?
Well, price...but apart from price, what's not to like? :D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

willow13 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:42 pm
Dragona.jpgDragon.jpg
honestly at least the workmanship of those look like adults at least did it. That tiger looks like some dude and his daughter were locked in the PRS factory for all of their lockdown and he let her have a go at making one because they had nothing else to do
Maate! One of us hasn't been to Specsavers! :rofl:

Edit: No... wait.. I thought you were talking about the Dragon.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

willow13 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:48 pm um hate to break the news here guys, I thought something about it looked fake so started to research and nope its real. BUT it gets worse there is more than one

PRSTiger_a.jpg

Yay, I'll take 3 at more affordable fake prices! One for weekdays, one for saturdays and one for sunday best.

Any updates?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (21.56 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Muricur.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.