NGD: white tele with wenge neck...

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

NGD: white tele with wenge neck...

Post by Bg »

I've had this a week or so now, but has taken a bit of time for me to get it how I like :)

First up, the neck is lovely - it looks great and has exactly the right amount of 'girth' for me. Frets the same, I'm presuming medium but I need to get the vernier out to check - can't be arsed.

It has a graphite nut that had some annoying sharp edges that were removed today. Also it needed a bit of shimming so I could get the action to where I like it - not blisteringly low but I don't want to try to hard.

Fitted one of Matt/Tonelounges pro control sets in there from another tele I have that is currently waiting on the list to be sorted - I fitted an new/old neck to it and its choking out. And now its much more controllable.

Pickups were supposed to be twisted tele but a brief check of the model numbers last week I think they are twang kings... (fnarr fnarr), could just be me though, danny?

They do sound great either way - cleans have definition and are articulate where they should be, dirty I can get full on RATM which is what I was looking for.

What you can't see in the pic above is the excellent checking the body has.... I meant to take some photos today but ran out of time and camera battery power.

Well worth a punt, and am a happy punter.

Presentation 9/10
Girth 9/10
3d/articulation 9/10
Mouthfeel 8/10 could be the strings need a bit of extra seasoning.

Proper pics tomorrow :) It arrived unstrung so the strings are at a proper non eye poking length....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Re: NGD: white tele with wenge neck...

Post by Kris »

i love me some wenge.Shame its usually on really naff warwick builds.Wish i had have snagged a framus when the RS were blowing out stock.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Where do I send donations to get everyone on the forum a good pair of side cutters?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

JHorner wrote:Where do I send donations to get everyone on the forum a good pair of side cutters?
The usual donation account, its looking a little sad and empty - its clearly self-isolating :P

Thats danny's pic. It's had a number 2 since then - oh-err
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I'm glad that you like it BG, and that it got there eventually! It does have a great neck profile. Sorry about the mix up with the pickups, Let me know if you want to get rid of them :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sexy white body getting some dark wood is one of my favourite searches!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

AiRdAd wrote:I'm glad that you like it BG, and that it got there eventually! It does have a great neck profile. Sorry about the mix up with the pickups, Let me know if you want to get rid of them :-)
Cold dead hands etc....

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 815 times
Been liked: 1304 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Looks beautiful
Something inside me wonders about a different colour guard ? Could be a hydatid cyst.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:Looks beautiful
Something inside me wonders about a different colour guard ? Could be a hydatid cyst.
:rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

Mint green.
Which is neither minty nor green. :think:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

i had other coloured guards on it and they all looked cool
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1313 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

jeremyb wrote:Sexy white body getting some dark wood is one of my favourite searches!
That's terrible lollol!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Very nice Bg, hankering after something similar myself! As a side note, do you still have that 70's Fernandes Tele (ex me) or has that one since your stable?..

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Very nice Bg, hankering after something similar myself! As a side note, do you still have that 70's Fernandes Tele (ex me) or has that one since your stable?..
Sorry, long gone... I have an on off relationship with Tele's :) I have an awesome Fernandes Strat here though...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Couple of images I managed to squeeze in between replacing rotten wood and shingles. Bloody houses.
Attachments
tele1.png
tele1.png (4.91 MiB) Viewed 2982 times
headstock.png
headstock.png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 2982 times