All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg

I've had this a week or so now, but has taken a bit of time for me to get it how I like :)

First up, the neck is lovely - it looks great and has exactly the right amount of 'girth' for me. Frets the same, I'm presuming medium but I need to get the vernier out to check - can't be arsed.

It has a graphite nut that had some annoying sharp edges that were removed today. Also it needed a bit of shimming so I could get the action to where I like it - not blisteringly low but I don't want to try to hard.

Fitted one of Matt/Tonelounges pro control sets in there from another tele I have that is currently waiting on the list to be sorted - I fitted an new/old neck to it and its choking out. And now its much more controllable.

Pickups were supposed to be twisted tele but a brief check of the model numbers last week I think they are twang kings... (fnarr fnarr), could just be me though, danny?

They do sound great either way - cleans have definition and are articulate where they should be, dirty I can get full on RATM which is what I was looking for.

What you can't see in the pic above is the excellent checking the body has.... I meant to take some photos today but ran out of time and camera battery power.

Well worth a punt, and am a happy punter.

Presentation 9/10
Girth 9/10
3d/articulation 9/10
Mouthfeel 8/10 could be the strings need a bit of extra seasoning.

Proper pics tomorrow :) It arrived unstrung so the strings are at a proper non eye poking length....
BY Bg
JHorner wrote:Where do I send donations to get everyone on the forum a good pair of side cutters?

The usual donation account, its looking a little sad and empty - its clearly self-isolating :P

Thats danny's pic. It's had a number 2 since then - oh-err
BY AiRdAd
I'm glad that you like it BG, and that it got there eventually! It does have a great neck profile. Sorry about the mix up with the pickups, Let me know if you want to get rid of them :-)
BY Bg
AiRdAd wrote:I'm glad that you like it BG, and that it got there eventually! It does have a great neck profile. Sorry about the mix up with the pickups, Let me know if you want to get rid of them :-)

Cold dead hands etc....
BY Slowy
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Looks beautiful
Something inside me wonders about a different colour guard ? Could be a hydatid cyst.

:rofl:
Very nice Bg, hankering after something similar myself! As a side note, do you still have that 70's Fernandes Tele (ex me) or has that one since your stable?..
BY Bg
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Very nice Bg, hankering after something similar myself! As a side note, do you still have that 70's Fernandes Tele (ex me) or has that one since your stable?..

Sorry, long gone... I have an on off relationship with Tele's :) I have an awesome Fernandes Strat here though...
BY Bg
Couple of images I managed to squeeze in between replacing rotten wood and shingles. Bloody houses.
Attachments
tele1.png
tele1.png (4.91 MiB) Viewed 145 times
headstock.png
headstock.png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 145 times