My One and Only Samick

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 408 times

My One and Only Samick

Post by dayl »

This is my first proper guitar that I got when I was 15. I had been playing a Carlos LP for a year or two that was gifted to me, but this was the first that I said 'wow, I want that'.

I traded it a couple decades ago and for all the thousands I've spent on guitars since, all the big name brands and so called quality that has passed through my hands since, this is the one I really miss and regret parting with more than any.

I know it probably sounds silly to say this about a Samick, but I was a kid who wasn't dragged in to all the things you 'must have' to write and perform music and just did it.

This is the version I had.... look at all those wood joins. My version was the Red version, not blue, it also had the Logo as seen top right instead of the scroll.. If anyone sees one of these for sale. Please let me know.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Re: My One and Only Samick

Post by Lyle »

Oh man! I had a red one of those. The trem broke and I gave it away. Now I know what the model number is. I've never seen another one.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7734 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

I had a vester equivalent back in n the 80s, find memories of that guitar, what's not to like about shark tooth inlays!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

I also had the vester version in salmon pink. Same cheap locking bridge but a bit more strat shaped.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

those bridges were pretty notorious for crumbing into shiny fragments.Perhaps not specifically on samicks but they were pretty ubiqitous on single locking equipped guitars.They were "bendmaster" branded on BC riches.The blocks seemed to be made of compressed ciggy ash.