Danny

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 291 times

Re: Danny

Post by ChAoZ »

Lostininverness wrote:Wow that's a lot of sawdust! You sell them locally and offshore? I'm assuming that this is a part time process?
Just locally, one has made its way back to Texas and I've made a couple for a dude who relocated to Japan, just part time I have a "real job" too

Lostininverness
Gibson
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Lostininverness »

ChAoZ wrote:
Lostininverness wrote:Wow that's a lot of sawdust! You sell them locally and offshore? I'm assuming that this is a part time process?
Just locally, one has made its way back to Texas and I've made a couple for a dude who relocated to Japan, just part time I have a "real job" too
Ha, ha - a "real job" that just gets in the way??

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

ChAoZ wrote:
Lostininverness wrote:You've got some great skills that I wish I had there Kerry. How many have you built now?
Thanks mate, I've built nearly 40 now to completion and have about 10 that I've started and in varying states of completion, plus I've made many bodies for other peoples projects too
I gotta say chaos, as someone that lurks in the channels of guitar things, and specifically nz guitar things, I am under the impression you have made a metric shit ton of guitars. This is solely based on the amount of coverage your stuff gets within these channels, the positivity shown towards said product, and the awareness and comments about them.
Well done. Excellent job on making the stuff that's out there count!
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

:thumbup:
Attachments
images (25).jpeg
images (25).jpeg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
:mental:

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ChAoZ »

kdawg2a wrote:I gotta say chaos, as someone that lurks in the channels of guitar things, and specifically nz guitar things, I am under the impression you have made a metric shit ton of guitars. This is solely based on the amount of coverage your stuff gets within these channels, the positivity shown towards said product, and the awareness and comments about them.
Well done. Excellent job on making the stuff that's out there count!
Aww shucks Kdog, that's very kind of you, I put my heart into these guitars that's why I have my sons initials on the headstock - Christian, Astle and Zakk, good to see someone on here has one of my guitars ( I wonder if there are any more? ) and the feedback has been generally positive - got some brutal reviews on Wired Guitarist which was "character building". One of the main reasons I joined NZG.com was to see what the cool kids like as a direction for future builds

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

ChAoZ wrote: One of the main reasons I joined NZG.com was to see what the cool kids like as a direction for future builds
Overpriced relics mainly... ;-)

Whilst out for a walk this morning I was idly thinking about what I'd like to make if I had the skills. I remembered a 7/8 size hot-rod Strat that Pat Thrall played in Hughes & Thrall days. It was white with loads of contour. One humbucker and a Floyd I think. Probably a Charvel, Not sure. But just for nostalgia's sake I'd like to make something like that. Small Strat headstock with matching paint. Not a Floyd, mind. PITA. :-)

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

Given the amount of metal dudes I know who ask about destroyers, that would be a hit.

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by ChAoZ »

Kris wrote:Given the amount of metal dudes I know who ask about destroyers, that would be a hit.
I've made a couple of them too
Attachments
485965_325945714191399_1110378185_n.jpg
485965_325945714191399_1110378185_n.jpg (55.4 KiB) Viewed 2845 times