Strat pickups?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Re: Strat pickups?

Post by MikeC »

I was looking at that and did a bit of googling. Have you got it yet? Would be interesting to know how it sounds :congrats:
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

codedog wrote:While we're talking about Strats, I don't often see Fat Strats around here. No love for humbucker bridge? Or even Lil' 59?
Seems to me like a tradition thing more than anything else, I'd certainly consider one as my next guitar :thumbup:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mike Clayton wrote:I was looking at that and did a bit of googling. Have you got it yet? Would be interesting to know how it sounds :congrats:
No. Might be a few weeks given the restrictions. Not a lot of demos on YouTube but I did what I always do: Listen to as many as it takes until you hear one you like then use that as a justification for buying it. :-)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

codedog wrote:While we're talking about Strats, I don't often see Fat Strats around here. No love for humbucker bridge? Or even Lil' 59?
Too much contrast for me. Like two different guitars in one. Easier to dial-in with SSS I find.

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Optical »

I find the Lil'59 mixes really well with single coils, it's only about a 7kohm wind - plus you can coil split it for another tone option. On both my strats i have coil split on a rotary switch instead of the second tone control...

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

I had a lil'59 with SSL-1 in neck and mid. I replaced it with SSL-5, just out of curiosity I think. I really can't recall the Lil'59 sounding bad or inappropriate. Now I wish I hadn't sold it :(

MichaelGP
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MichaelGP »

I have Lollar Blackface in one of my Strats and Lace Sensors in the other.

When forced to decide on bringing only 1 guitar overseas, I A/B the two guitars and decided on the Lace Sensors due to having more variety of tone.

If i was strictly wanting classic Strat Quack, Lollars for sure. Alternatively, I would go with Lace Sensor Golds in all positions.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Post by calling card »

I don't give a fuck what pickups are in my guitars, characters one way or another. Hifi Lowfi.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus