Strat wiring mods

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Re: Strat wiring mods

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Bg wrote:
Hang about, don't you have/own a tele.... do you now wonder what caused the blood from peoples ears?
Well my mexi is far from harsh, the broadcaster in the bridge is grunty as and the twisted tele in the neck is smooth as!
Have you got the 4th position with those 2 pups; bridge and neck in series? It's a humbucker and it's essential once you've heard it. 8)
I sure do! Obsidian wire 4 way for the win!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Bg wrote:
Hang about, don't you have/own a tele.... do you now wonder what caused the blood from peoples ears?
Well my mexi is far from harsh, the broadcaster in the bridge is grunty as and the twisted tele in the neck is smooth as!
Depends upon volume. I've literally felt teles drill into my skull via front of house. And via on stage amps because the wielder had no idea of the icepick being released
Crazy, perhaps it's the katana taming it, I run the tone on 10 and never felt the need to back it off :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Or its the fact that all teles sound differently, as do strats. I have about 5 strat-a-likes, and each is completely different in tone/timbre/attack etc Down to pickups, electrics and yes wood :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.