Some of these look worth a closer look....

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Philip_J_Fry
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 13 times

Some of these look worth a closer look....

Post by Philip_J_Fry »

https://www.epiphone.com/
Inspired by Gibson Collection.

What's the chances of seeing therm in the shops over here anytime soon?
They are already in stock at Andertons in the UK
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Some of these look worth a closer look....

Post by mule »

Isn't every Epiphone 'inspired by Gibson'? :P

I like the look of those gold tops though. Hopefully will see one pop up second hand eventually.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

they aren't on the website yet but the "muse" series looks very interesting to me
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

I wonder if this is Gibson trying to recapture their prestige branding.

They've tried time and time again to capture some of the lower end of the market with the m2, mm, tribute series etc which doesn't do your brand a lot of good.

Methinks they'll make a higher end Epiphone line rather than another lower end Gibson line, keep the Gibson's at the prestige end of the price scale and anything lesser than a Gibson Studio will be made by Epiphone.

Keep the bloodlines pure and all that.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

NippleWrestler wrote:I wonder if this is Gibson trying to recapture their prestige branding.

They've tried time and time again to capture some of the lower end of the market with the m2, mm, tribute series etc which doesn't do your brand a lot of good.

Methinks they'll make a higher end Epiphone line rather than another lower end Gibson line, keep the Gibson's at the prestige end of the price scale and anything lesser than a Gibson Studio will be made by Epiphone.

They're seemingly always up to something. Maybe if they just made decent guitars that'd prove to be a successful strategy for them.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Molly wrote:
NippleWrestler wrote:I wonder if this is Gibson trying to recapture their prestige branding.

They're seemingly always up to something. Maybe if they just made decent guitars that'd prove to be a successful strategy for them.
BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :clap:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Philip_J_Fry
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Philip_J_Fry »

Think I'll send for one of these as they have 2 in stock at present.
https://www.andertons.co.uk/epiphone-sg ... g-burgundy
Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

Fender got it right with their Mexi line and G&L with their Tributes. You make the cheapies very good; good enough to be all the working tool ever needed. Then marketing makes it clear you've still got the poverty pack version. That gives the aspirational all the juice they need to open their wallets.

I love how Fender and G&L don't even need to change the brand. If you've got a Tribute or a Mexi, you haven't quite made it. :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Slowy wrote: Fender got it right with their Mexi line and G&L with their Tributes. You make the cheapies very good; good enough to be all the working tool ever needed. Then marketing makes it clear you've still got the poverty pack version. That gives the aspirational all the juice they need to open their wallets.

I love how Fender and G&L don't even need to change the brand. If you've got a Tribute or a Mexi, you haven't quite made it. :rofl:
yeah this is very true. I have or have owned a quite a few Jacksons but they were never the "real" ones ... now I have a "real" made in the USA one and that void has been filled, so now I would be happy just buying the import stuff now :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Be interesting to see if it's cheaper to buy from Anderson's now rather than wait and buy from the Rockshop with forum discount shortly.
Tin arse!!