All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Colour

Capri O
47%
Oly White
35%
Black
2%
Trans white
16%
BY Bg
Mike Clayton wrote:
OhFuxk wrote:Orange is winning back now

Yeah it's a bit confusing because isn't orange the new black? :lol:

Dad jokes are the best jokes....
:rofl:
BY GrantB
Bg wrote:
Bg wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:Burn it and play a Gibson :shifty:

Fender for basses, Gibson for guitars... you know it makes sense! No grey areas :D Its a digital fact!

Although I don't actually own any fenders or gibsons :D

Is a Fender with humbuckers a Fibson? I mean, it’s not like they’re being truthful...
BY Bg
RobRoyMcCoy wrote:Interesting that Trans and Oly have split the white vote...

:rofl:

yeah thats not fair, you should add the salmon pink option to split the ridiculous orange votes!!!
BY jeremyb
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Yes orange has it !

It was going to be hard to Trump that colour choice, it got my vote!
BY GrantB
Voxshall wrote:If you used that orange to make Fiesta then my recommendation would be for Faded Tahitian Coral, no doubt in my mind.

Just saying - Tahitian Coral Pink it is.

Update due soon.
BY GrantB

Neck isn't even polished yet. Has a slight blemish on the front. But the back is lovely with the blisters and subtle flame.

Headstock with Fender logo for slowy :winky: :shifty:

Not as dark as it looks here.
BY GrantB
Look how porous the Korina is. This is shellac sealer, grain filler x 1, nitro sealer. I grain filled again after that. Still gonna have to beat back the colour coats to get level.

BY Slowy
GrantB wrote:Headstock with Fender logo for slowy :winky: :shifty:

Good Man! You'll never forget that, will you? :rofl:
BY Bg
GrantB wrote:Look how porous the Korina is. This is shellac sealer, grain filler x 1, nitro sealer. I grain filled again after that. Still gonna have to beat back the colour coats to get level.

Korina is a nightmare, also so bloody soft. I don't care about its mythical properties, never using it again!
BY GrantB
Bg wrote:
GrantB wrote:Look how porous the Korina is. This is shellac sealer, grain filler x 1, nitro sealer. I grain filled again after that. Still gonna have to beat back the colour coats to get level.

Korina is a nightmare, also so bloody soft. I don't care about its mythical properties, never using it again!

And brittle - look at it wrong and it will shear a piece off just ‘cause.
BY Bg
yep, you're a brave man putting a trem in it ;)

To be fair mine was a two pointer - so not much wood left after the posts went in. First stringing and the posts had broken the wood behind. Lesson learned :)

I had an epiphone V that had a metal plate that went were the 2 posts fit to the body, I think thats the solution.
BY WellyBlues
If Korina is so bad how come Reverend only use Korina? Genuinely interested, not stirring. And of course Gibson and others use it occasionally. I would have thought by the comments that it would be too difficult to use for a mass production line situation.