All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Colour

Capri O
47%
Oly White
35%
Black
2%
Trans white
16%
BY kdawg2a
GrantB wrote:Oly white still in. But I am concerned about the black leaching from the korina. I’ll do some tests

That would look kind of cool. Almost a less opaque version of blonde.
BY Slowy
IMGP5022.JPG
IMGP5022.JPG (244.63 KiB) Viewed 670 times
IMGP5188.JPG
IMGP5188.JPG (89.66 KiB) Viewed 670 times

Admittedly I kept mine clear, but the timber showed no pigment instability.
Attachments
IMGP5011.JPG
IMGP5011.JPG (254.1 KiB) Viewed 670 times
BY Slowy
Interestingly, I only selected 2 of those photos....... :think:
orelic.jpg
orelic.jpg (55.05 KiB) Viewed 668 times

This MJT body is completely off the wall but I think it's close to Grant's colour. Gets my vote.
BY GrantB
Yours looks good slowy. I have sealed mine with shellac which the black sap has latched onto. No probs after grain fill, sand and final undercoat nitro.... but I’ve seen many Gibson’s leech into the top coats. I think trans anything is out....well, ‘cept for the obvious....
BY Slowy
GrantB wrote:Yours looks good slowy. I have sealed mine with shellac which the black sap has latched onto. No probs after grain fill, sand and final undercoat nitro.... but I’ve seen many Gibson’s leech into the top coats. I think trans anything is out....well, ‘cept for the obvious....

Reverend use Korina and solid colour them; but that would be poly of course. Mine is finished in Tru Oil.
BY Voxshall
If you used that orange to make Fiesta then my recommendation would be for Faded Tahitian Coral, no doubt in my mind.

BY GrantB
Voxshall wrote:If you used that orange to make Fiesta then my recommendation would be for Faded Tahitian Coral, no doubt in my mind.

That would be very easy to mix....hmmmm
BY Slowy
GrantB wrote:
That would be very easy to mix....hmmmm

Go for the full power colour or close to it. You're not doing a traditional re-creation or you'd have used Alder. Besides, it'd look fantastic sitting next to my green G&L. We could do an Irish Celtic Punk thing; the band split into two camps at opposite sides of the stage, hurling licks at each other.
BY Bg
SimonHirst wrote:Burn it and play a Gibson :shifty:

Fender for basses, Gibson for guitars... you know it makes sense! No grey areas :D Its a digital fact!
BY Bg
Bg wrote:

Fender for basses, Gibson for guitars... you know it makes sense! No grey areas :D Its a digital fact!

Although I don't actually own any fenders or gibsons :D
BY SimonHirst
Bg wrote:
Bg wrote:

Although I don't actually own any fenders or gibsons :D

That’s ok. Haven’t I told you I don’t actually play guitar at all?!
I’m here for the bants.