All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Colour

Capri O
47%
Oly White
35%
Black
2%
Trans white
16%
BY Slowy
Where'd you get the Korina? looks like the same plank as my Tele.

I really rate Korina as a tonewood. :D
BY GrantB
UK company - GB guitars (!).

Ok, in addition to the colours I listed (cheapest option to use what I have) I could also go Lake Placid Blue or Green Olive. But the paint I have really needs using
BY Conway
GrantB wrote:Ok, in addition to the colours I listed (cheapest option to use what I have) I could also go Lake Placid Blue

Finally, the correct option!!!
BY GrantB
To be fair, painting a metallic on this wood will be a potential nightmare.
BY OhFuxk
GrantB wrote:Image

It’s more like a creamy burnt orange... It was my old original base for Fiesta red.

This is the way to go.

BY GrantB
I’m thinking that too. They Schecter is v cool. Mine will be more red tho....
BY AiRdAd
Capri orange is sooooo 5 years ago...

Eg. That's when I did mine :-)

It's a lovely colour, it looks fantastic! :-)
BY Bg
olympic white is the clear winner. So you're going with the orange then? In a parody of the last US election.... and not just the skin colour.
BY GrantB
Oly white still in. But I am concerned about the black leaching from the korina. I’ll do some tests
BY jvpp
GrantB wrote:Image

It’s more like a creamy burnt orange... It was my old original base for Fiesta red.

To me that colour looks a lot like that old Gretsch you sold to Bender (I believe). Would look good on a strat with black binding and pickguard.
BY Bg
GrantB wrote:Oly white still in. But I am concerned about the black leaching from the korina. I’ll do some tests

Ok clearly white Supremacism is not going to win this vote... even though its the best colour.