All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY willow13
#849311
MattH wrote:A few Yamaha SGs around.


Played one of Seans ones at a tronfest a few years ago and man they are totally killer guitars
#849442
Image

Unfortunately the 2 most interesting specimen are at another location:
Image
User avatar
BY willow13
#849446
I am really close to posting pictures of my wife and kids here :mrgreen:
User avatar
BY Kris
#849449
DongHua wrote:Family pic is physically impossible due to limited room space lol, I will skip it :lol:


let me know if you ever wanna sell me back that explorer mate! I'd love to see what you have in the whole collection these days! :mental:
User avatar
BY DongHua
#849454
Kris wrote:
DongHua wrote:Family pic is physically impossible due to limited room space lol, I will skip it :lol:


let me know if you ever wanna sell me back that explorer mate! I'd love to see what you have in the whole collection these days! :mental:


Noted sir, will pm you when that day comes.
User avatar
BY willow13
#849493
Right i'm not going to post a full family shot..would need to do a panoramic photo to even come close to fitting them all in :rofl:

but here are the guitars I have bought/made in the last few months that I haven't posted about

Purple one is a korina body I got of nic (zaulkin) .. has an ebony fb. Took me way to long to build this one but christmas gave me the "time" to get it done..loving it so far

Red/"pink" one is a Jackson body (that Danny gave me...genuine GC) with one of my necks...this is hands down the best sounding guitar I own...not 100% sure why it sounds so good be it does. The neck I made is basically "flat" and a little weird to play so not sure if it will stay on there long term (yes the 24th fret is crooked hahaha..the last 2 frets are just add ons that are lower than the other frets as this use to be a 22fret neck)

Jackson Rhoads is one I did a swap for on facebook..has a great feeling neck. Not liking the emgs as usual but am reluctant to take them out given when I took the other ones out of my black rhoads the guitar has sounded dull now regardless of what pickups I try

Jackson Customshop snakeskin ... yes this is that one that was on tradeMe. Big thanks to JimH. This guitar is a bucketlist item ticked off. Wanted a USA Jackson since about 1987 so when some funds unexpectedly became available it became a no brainer. This has a super wide neck (as in across the fretboard) and a slim profile making it amazingly comfortable to play

ImageImageImage
User avatar
BY hamo
#849496
willow13 wrote:Jackson Rhoads is one I did a swap for on facebook..has a great feeling neck. Not liking the emgs as usual but am reluctant to take them out given when I took the other ones out of my black rhoads the guitar has sounded dull now regardless of what pickups I try


Have you tried Blackouts?
User avatar
BY willow13
#849497
hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:Jackson Rhoads is one I did a swap for on facebook..has a great feeling neck. Not liking the emgs as usual but am reluctant to take them out given when I took the other ones out of my black rhoads the guitar has sounded dull now regardless of what pickups I try


Have you tried Blackouts?


no ... have had one on my watchlist for ages and just can't hit buy now :rofl: ... did some you tube comparison video watching and in about 2/3 of them the difference seemed huge, but it is the other 1/3rd that worry me.

The guitar sounds great with the emgs in it, but I get bored with the tone really fast (which is what emgs always seem to do to me) so am not inspired to play it that much. Doing the 18v mod is a pain because it has its own little battery compartment routed in

I have Bill Lawrence pickups in the black Rhoads thinking they would be great given how bright they are but nope still just sounds meh. Maybe i'll put the emgs from the white one into the black one and put passives in the white one and see how that goes
User avatar
BY jimi
#849504
Pretty happy with this year's line up.

2012-Guitars.jpg
2020
2012-Guitars.jpg (181.51 KiB) Viewed 124 times
User avatar
BY willow13
#849507
robthemac wrote:
jimi wrote:Pretty happy with this year's line up.

2012-Guitars.jpg


Single coils are over-rated.


technically the "p90s" he has in the robin are single coils
User avatar
BY robthemac
#849517
willow13 wrote:
robthemac wrote:
jimi wrote:Pretty happy with this year's line up.

2012-Guitars.jpg


Single coils are over-rated.


technically the "p90s" he has in the robin are single coils


Fair.