NGD

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

NGD

Post by k1w1 »

Went to the Lower Hutt Rockshop for a browse, saw an Aria Pro 2 PE 480, with the no GST and a discount I couldn't resist so it followed me home. Mahogany body, quilted maple translucent black cap.

My first solid body with humbuckers. It has series/parallel switches so will be interesting to check out, the Deluxe will be rocking tonight.

ImageIMG_1932 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1935 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: NGD

Post by Bg »

That looks tasty omm nom nom!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

That looks pretty cool, I could hang that next to the Cabronita and be happy. I'm still eyeing that Tokai on TradeMe but its unlikely it will be around when I have some cash. Car needs tyres in Jan, bike will need them in Feb... ahhh :grump:
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

MattH
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by MattH »

Everyone loves a NGD! Nice!
All the gear... absolutely no idea...

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Never owned a "Les Paul" style guitar. I was looking to buy the Epiphone version late January. The price on this was the deal sealer, $620 with a gig bag. But those knobs have to go. Only flaw is the fret ends are a little sharp, I'll file those tonight.

Sounds great, the parallel switch gives a more sparkling high end and it plays nice with the Deluxe, I can get close to the Neil Young drive sound, but getting used to such a small body will take time. Overall very happy.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

k1w1 wrote:Never owned a "Les Paul" style guitar. I was looking to buy the Epiphone version late January. The price on this was the deal sealer, $620 with a gig bag. But those knobs have to go. Only flaw is the fret ends are a little sharp, I'll file those tonight.

Sounds great, the parallel switch gives a more sparkling high end and it plays nice with the Deluxe, I can get close to the Neil Young drive sound, but getting used to such a small body will take time. Overall very happy.
Yeah, I know what you mean about those knobs. This would look great with black speed knobs :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Aria sure have upped their game!! I thought they only used to make budget stuff???
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:Aria sure have upped their game!! I thought they only used to make budget stuff???
No. Aria have always had a range of professional grade instruments and they really are excellent. The lack of promotion by the company and blind snobbishness by players meant they have always flown under the radar. Oleg got a 335 style Aria from me that he describes as the best Larry Carlton style semi he owns.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Aria sure have upped their game!! I thought they only used to make budget stuff???
No. Aria have always had a range of professional grade instruments and they really are excellent. The lack of promotion by the company and blind snobbishness by players meant they have always flown under the radar. Oleg got a 335 style Aria from me that he describes as the best Larry Carlton style semi he owns.
Interesting! And I bet you'd give me more than a semi!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
Slowy wrote:
Interesting! And I bet you'd give me more than a semi!!
At my age Lad, you should be grateful for a semi.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote:
Wait till he plays an SA1000 or 2000...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

This would be mid range on their models, I sat and compared with ESP, Vintage both $1-200 more and Epiphone $300 more. It equaled all of them. I don't need much more, I am a home player occasionally jamming.

Filed the fret ends and ordered a new nut, string spacing is a bit narrow for me. Oh and it is a laminate top, not sure what the cap is.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

dude... if anything they've dropped their game, they always used to make some shit hot stuff, especially basses...

and my 70's 335 style shortscale bass is fucking awesome.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

jvpp wrote:
Slowy wrote:
Wait till he plays an SA1000 or 2000...
Oh I'm sure he already has, he owned my 800 at some point too ;)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote:
dude... if anything they've dropped their game, they always used to make some shit hot stuff, especially basses...

and my 70's 335 style shortscale bass is fucking awesome.
Oooh is that John Taylor?