Cool shit

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Cool shit

Post by Dharmajester »

GrantB wrote:The rock shop had an R7 for ages that had a flamey top. I was never in a position to buy it. You could see it in the top, the ripples and waves. Didn’t even need to pop the cavity.
As Brian pointed out above my R4 has a very flamey top, the ripples of which are highly visible through the paint and extend across the whole front. The presence of a very vintage accurate looking flamed R8 in the stable though has persuaded me I no longer need to strip it.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Dharmajester wrote:
GrantB wrote:The rock shop had an R7 for ages that had a flamey top. I was never in a position to buy it. You could see it in the top, the ripples and waves. Didn’t even need to pop the cavity.
As Brian pointed out above my R4 has a very flamey top, the ripples of which are highly visible through the paint and extend across the whole front. The presence of a very vintage accurate looking flamed R8 in the stable though has persuaded me I no longer need to strip it.
Didn't know you still have that one. Looking forward to seeing the R8 in person in the near future.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Dharmajester »

Molly wrote:
Didn't know you still have that one. Looking forward to seeing the R8 in person in the near future.
Oh Yes. There are enough differences for each to occupy it's own space in the tonal pallette.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1359 times
Been liked: 2098 times

Post by GrantB »

Dharmajester wrote:
Ummm, have we seen said R8?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I haven't. I think it needs its' own photo-heavy thread

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Dharmajester »

GrantB wrote: Ummm, have we seen said R8?
Attachments
R8mate.jpg
R8mate.jpg (275.19 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
Hunter S. Thompson

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Hell yeah, that's lovely. Congrats

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 655 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

gotta say I liked the original gold better . . . there's something about a gold les paul!

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

rickenbackerkid wrote:gotta say I liked the original gold better . . . there's something about a gold les paul!
I love gold tops, and not usually a fan of quilted maple, but I think in this case it looks amazing with the burst. They did a lovely job with it.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Dharmajester wrote:
Good Lord man, that’s beautiful! I can smell that beautiful new Gibson smell from the Waikato!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

For the trainspotters, look how good those factory pickup covers look! Real deal stuff.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 234 times

Post by Delayman »

Both those look great - I like the more subtle bursts
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Dharmajester wrote:
This needs a NGD thread with photos and descriptions please and thank you.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

GrantB wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:
Good Lord man, that’s beautiful! I can smell that beautiful new Gibson smell from the Waikato!
Don't know why, but I thought he got the R8 from you.

It's beautiful Steve. The 60th anniversary guitars are stunning but the price just makes me cry...

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

Molly wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:
Don't know why, but I thought he got the R8 from you.

It's beautiful Steve. The 60th anniversary guitars are stunning but the price just makes me cry...
Fuck, makes YOU cry...wow!

:wink:
Tin arse!!