All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Took this shot before I went to bed last night, oh my that quilt :crazy:

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Sai Soe wrote:Nice!

Thanks. Was talking with Molly in another thread and I was saying (at least for me) how I think I don't give myself enough time to form a 'bond' with my gear. I can't find anything I don't like about this one and it sounds as good as it looks :)
BY kwhelan
those bridge pickup screws look really low, is that a preference thing. can't say I've seen them like that before
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
kwhelan wrote:those bridge pickup screws look really low, is that a preference thing. can't say I've seen them like that before

Just how it came I guess. The old Gibson covers I put onto the pickups don't quite sit flush, so the humbuckers are slightly recessed but doesn't bother me.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Conway wrote:And it will be for sale again this afternoon...

Spent this arvo with it. Took the covers off and switched them to see if each one fitted any better on the other pickup (they did, not perfect but better). Something small like that would probably start to bug me after a while. OCD much?

There’s irony in the fact that I already like this guitar. A lot. But as I’m not rich I need to keep the wife happy by not taking money from the mortgage or savings accounts; unfortunately that usually means last thing in, first thing out. GAS can hit hard when you’re not a naturally patient person
BY Conway
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:that usually means last thing in, first thing out

You might find a FIFO basis is better - keeps your inventory fresher.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
I had a feeling that the nitro finish on this LP was on the thin side. Four months in and I've already worn through one of the areas where my pick hits (well, a 50c coin to be specific) :wtf:

Guessing this guitar might age pretty quickly with regards to looks
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
robnobcorncob wrote:How long until you wear through the quilt veneer through to the maple cap?

It is just a cap, no veneer