The 'traders to avoid' thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Re: The 'traders to avoid' thread

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Seems everyone has had a run-in with Raid0. Total twat. He also bombs your auctions like "I have one of these, they sound shit stock but I've had mine modded so I bet mine sounds way better hahahahaha" and you're like I can't believe how much of a dick this asshat is.

Probably my worst music selling experience was selling a bass to a young girl about 10 years ago. She showed up for pickup with her 2 HUGE uncles and they tried to intimidate me into giving her my amp, picks, cables etc - whatever was required to plug in and play. I had to give positive feedback or the whole freaking Mob would know where we lived.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Fuck that in its entirety
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Jim.h
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jim.h »

MogwaiBoy wrote:Seems everyone has had a run-in with Raid0. Total twat. He also bombs your auctions like "I have one of these, they sound shit stock but I've had mine modded so I bet mine sounds way better hahahahaha" and you're like I can't believe how much of a dick this asshat is.

Probably my worst music selling experience was selling a bass to a young girl about 10 years ago. She showed up for pickup with her 2 HUGE uncles and they tried to intimidate me into giving her my amp, picks, cables etc - whatever was required to plug in and play. I had to give positive feedback or the whole freaking Mob would know where we lived.
Im so glad im not the only one that thinks that Raid0 is a dick hahahahha.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

MogwaiBoy wrote:
That's why I only allow pick up from my work.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Speaking of Raid0... Molly, he has a "True SRV Tone" pedal for sale on FB! A "TONE OF THE GODS" pedal! :lol:

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

MogwaiBoy wrote: Probably my worst music selling experience was selling a bass to a young girl about 10 years ago. She showed up for pickup with her 2 HUGE uncles and they tried to intimidate me into giving her my amp, picks, cables etc - whatever was required to plug in and play. I had to give positive feedback or the whole freaking Mob would know where we lived.
That's so fucked. Exactly why I send stuff or pick up at a mutual location.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

savethewhales is a liar, he probably changed his name by now tho
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

The Scarecrow wrote:
Zaulkin wrote: "Andy Andy".

He also brags about/talks up cheap gear that he scores and then tries to sell it 2 days later for twice the price. I have no problem with it if he wants to do that, I just think it's kind of funny and a bit off-putting for potential buyers.
^ This I have seen often. He very often bypasses TM auctions to do this, gloat on the NGG+B FB group then tries to flog it an an inflated price. Often for really average, middle of the road stuff.
Saw him earlier questioning the authenticity of that strat on facebook, yeah just trying to stop people bidding, tosser.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

Edit: Resolved this one eventually.
Last edited by Zaulkin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Avoid rocksta14 on TM as well. His questions come across as aggressive and he's highly defensive of the over inflated rubbish he's selling on TM - starting bids are always way more than the highest reserve he should hope to get. I questioned him on something and he instantly resorted to slurs and homophobic remarks like some toothless backwater hick.

I saw him try and barter down an SG that Zaulkin was recently selling and Nik was not having any of it :thumbup:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

Most of the trades I've done lately have been at least a bit shit, annoyingly.

Add this guy to your blacklist: gitarnut

I bought some pickups off him that he had listed for $1 reserve. When I won, he emailed me with some incoherent babble about the pickups not being the the real deal - I could tell that they were legit so I just said to continue.

A week later he admits that he wasn't happy with the price the auction went for and that he'll be keeping the pickups. He's got loads of incompleted trades on his profile so this is something he does all the time. I sent a pretty firm email back and he agreed to sell me the pickups while backhandedly complaining about how now he's not going to have anything for a project guitar he just bought. What the fuck?

Anyway, the pickups eventually arrived (without the pickguard) and I realise he charged me 3x the actual shipping cost for "packing".

Welcome to my blacklist...
Last edited by Zaulkin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

What a pisslord
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

so raid0 has expressed interest to buy my LP... should I just ignore? lol

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

KNNZ wrote:so raid0 has expressed interest to buy my LP... should I just ignore? lol
Yes.

I dunno, I guess money is money. Might not be smooth though. You've been warned!

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Avoid at all costs.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ