The 'traders to avoid' thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Re: The 'traders to avoid' thread

Post by The Scarecrow »

robthemac wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:53 pm
vinylguy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:43 pm Is anyone else just checking this thread to see if they are mentioned ?
My three burner accounts are all mentioned, but not my main, thankfully!
Yes, I've now had to discontinue Scarecrow II: The Revenge, Scarecrow III: Return of GAS and the reboot account, Scared of Crows.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Jake
Gibson
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by Jake »

The Scarecrow wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:11 am
robthemac wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:53 pm
vinylguy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:43 pm Is anyone else just checking this thread to see if they are mentioned ?
My three burner accounts are all mentioned, but not my main, thankfully!
Yes, I've now had to discontinue Scarecrow II: The Revenge, Scarecrow III: Return of GAS and the reboot account, Scared of Crows.
How about the off-brand Sacred Crows?

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

Molly wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 am
murky wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:48 pm Just had a zero feedback buy now that wants to pay by bank transfer in front of me.

I’ve asked to take a pic of drivers licence.

Anything else to look out for, or am I being too suspicious?
Insist on cash. Don't make someone else's problem your problem.

Follow up. Guy came over and he wasn't half as dodgy as I expected. He used the ASB App for payment. It sends the "payment claim" by either text or email to you. You then enter your bank account number and claim the money on your device - it then gives payment confirmation to you on your device. Payment came through no problem. Way better system than having to watch him enter all your details, and receive payment confirmation, on his device....

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

murky wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:06 pm
murky wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:48 pm Just had a zero feedback buy now that wants to pay by bank transfer in front of me.

Follow up. Guy came over and he wasn't half as dodgy as I expected. He used the ASB App for payment. It sends the "payment claim" by either text or email to you. You then enter your bank account number and claim the money on your device - it then gives payment confirmation to you on your device. Payment came through no problem. Way better system than having to watch him enter all your details, and receive payment confirmation, on his device....
he now has full control of your entire life

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 806 times

Post by hamo »

Yeah, you have to think with new traders they're as nervous about buying as you are about selling. Cash isn't dead, but it's on life support, glad to know that electronic personal payment experiences are improving.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 297 times

Post by murky »

Michael wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:36 pm

he now has full control of your entire life
Good luck to him....between that and his super tight pants, he’s in some serious trouble.....🤪