Hot swap pickup connectors

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Hot swap pickup connectors

Post by bender »

jvpp wrote:
mttn3 wrote:Brilliant! This is one of those things which seems incomprehensible that it isn't standard. Good job!
Adds extra work and the manufacturer is basically saying my pickups are sheit. :sarc:

Also, if you have 4 wire pickups, you should really use colour coded shrinkwrap.
Well, the wires are already colour coded so less real need there. It would be very satisfying from an OCD perspective though.

jvpp wrote: And the pins Bender used don't lock without the plastic bit. I doubt this will be a problem but I suppose if you are rocking really hard they could vibrate loose?

Nope. They're a pretty tight fit. I guess they might loosen up with a lot of use, but right now it takes a fair bit of force to separate them.

There are a few manufacturers who already make quick connectors but the problem is that there's no standard. If they all used the same connectors it would be a great thing.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Hot swap pickup connectors

Post by bender »

UPDATE: I put these in my Duesenberg, and they work a treat! I wired them to a flying lead connected to the pickup switch.

https://www.jaycar.co.nz/2-way-pcb-moun ... nIQAvD_BwE

The only down side is that they're not great for really fine hookup wire.