Show us your Stratocasters!

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

blackstratblues
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 487 times

Re: Show us your Stratocasters!

Post by blackstratblues »

The white EOB on the left has since sold, but this is what remains of the collection.
97 Lonestar with HH Suhr Thornbuckers, 06 EJ with Suhr MLs, 05 EJ with Suhr V60LPs, 62 AVRI body/Mex Lonestar neck with Suhr MLs, 60s Roadworn (converted to HSS with Suhr SSV/MLs

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

blackstratblues wrote:
The white EOB on the left has since sold, but this is what remains of the collection.
97 Lonestar with HH Suhr Thornbuckers, 06 EJ with Suhr MLs, 05 EJ with Suhr V60LPs, 62 AVRI body/Mex Lonestar neck with Suhr MLs, 60s Roadworn (converted to HSS with Suhr SSV/MLs
Nice line-up. I'm keen on adapting my Suhr SSS to HSS with a Thornbucker +. Stumbling-block is the pickguard. They wanted something like $70 US to ship it. On top of the cost of the guard itself that would've been the most expensive piece of plastic in history.

blackstratblues
Gibson
Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 487 times

Post by blackstratblues »

Ouch, that’s a lot to ship it! That’s one good thing about sticking with the Fenders, all the parts are easily available.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

This just reminded me... I've always wondered about all those Strat style guitars, especially high end ones such as Suhr, Anderson, etc. I assume their pickguards are not interchangeable with Fender's then?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

codedog wrote:This just reminded me... I've always wondered about all those Strat style guitars, especially high end ones such as Suhr, Anderson, etc. I assume their pickguards are not interchangeable with Fender's then?
No. Not the Suhr at least. :-(

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

blackstratblues wrote:
Heck, I'm only on my second Strat. Had an old Tokai; it looked great in a roadworn way.
I hated it.
Got the 40th Anniversary 1954 Strat and I've played it enough to wear bits off it. It is a perfect tool comprised entirely of things I didn't know I wanted.

This G&L Legacy is going to be very interesting. I have no idea if it's just another Strat like mine or something different.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

mugamee
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by mugamee »

Slowy wrote:
IMG_2447.JPG
Attachment-1(2).jpeg
40th Anniversary 1954.
Just back from a Grantb refret. It plays superbly but I think it needs to go up a string size. (You were right Sir!)
Never an aspirational guitar, it just provided the answer to most of my 'which guitar' questions over the years; as all the natural wear shows. A real swiss army knife instrument.

Thanks Grant. I'm especially pleased the fretboard came back just the same.

Memorable exchange:
Grantb, "I managed to leave most of the crud when I replaced the frets."
Slowy, " I thought the board was pretty clean."
Grantb, "I disagree."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
lovely strat there. dibs when the time comes you'll decide to sell :)
Fuzz Face Forever...
Get in touch with me via Instagram: mugvug_and_ollie

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

mugamee wrote:
lovely strat there. dibs when the time comes you'll decide to sell :)
Don't hold your breath; I have no plans for dying in the near future. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Two generations of MIM Strats... Standard (left) with SSL-1/5, and Player (right), all stock.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Dany just reminding you that I’ve called dibs on the sexy surf greeny!

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

my first American Strat! 1989 Blackie, mid boost thing has been removed and fitted with Lollar Blackface pickups and Emerson Custom Blender wiring
all original wear

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Attachment-1(3).jpeg
Never thought I needed a second Strat. How wrong I was!

Popped the lid on Greenie this morning; swimming pool underneath so there's HSS sometime in my future.

Not yet though. I thought its bridge pup was thin and weak but all it needed was a healthy serving of Timmy, Zendrive or Boiling Point.

Bleedin' glorious. :D

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Timoes »

Love it when a plan comes together.
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Here's a recent acquisition of mine.

This guitar used to belong to a good friend who I met when I had just started playing. He's an amazing guitarist who really inspired me when I was a teenager. I was lucky to have him answer my many questions when I was just starting out. Even now, much of my music mindset is based on things I learnt from him.

This was his project guitar. It's a '93 Japanese Fender strat that he bought from a mall in Germany (! ?). Over time he's added new pickups, a wilkinson trem, gotoh tuners, an active preamp, extra routing for everything, and it's been personalised with some vinyl stickers. It used to be a white guitar but it's been stripped back and had a light spray of nitro. It looks like it has come straight out of the 80s - Not normally the colour combination I would go for, but because of all the history and my own memories of this guitar, I absolutely love it. I think it looks quite unique, and it's got lots of wear from being played over 26 years.

The specific set of tuners and trem are at the perfect height for this instrument - You can abuse the floating 2 point trem and it stays perfectly in tune. The other thing I really like is the active preamp. I've never actually had one before because I always thought they were a bit of a waste of time. You can get HEAPS of different tones out of it, and boosting the bass frequencies, I no longer feel the need to have a humbucker in the bridge position. Normally I find myself wanting an HSS strat, but then end up wishing I could get that authentic strat quack out of position 4... so I like this very much. It's a keeper!

What a cool guitar. I am toying with the idea of trying some other pickups, otherwise I feel like I should keep everything how it is.

MrDINO
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by MrDINO »

Ive been happy with this one I bought off Molly