Show us your Stratocasters!

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Show us your Stratocasters!

Post by Molly »

Grant Les Paul copies for 50 quid from the Littlewoods catalog. I think they were the starting point for many aspiring Lizzy fans.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mick gets a new one!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

I'm still messing around with screws and knobs, but so far I'm really liking the new direction I'm taking this strat.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Voxshall wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:02 pm I'm still messing around with screws and knobs, but so far I'm really liking the new direction I'm taking this strat.

You could put three EMGs in there and I'd still go weak at the knees. I've always loved that finish so much.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Voxshall wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:02 pm I'm still messing around with screws and knobs, but so far I'm really liking the new direction I'm taking this strat.

What are the pickups?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:12 pm
What are the pickups?
The neck pickup is a Gabojo Gold Foil HB that was in Grants Jr and the Bridge is a Mojotone Gold Foil and the middle is J.M Rolph. I needed the HB in the neck as I wanted to use the original 63 guard I had with a HB route in it, didn't like the idea of it shrinking and warping when left out to long, but it worked out great that neck pickup sounds amazing, big full and clear with a heap of character and Gold Foil's just seem to sit in the mix better than any other pickup with my band.
Last edited by Voxshall on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

robthemac wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:48 pm
You could put three EMGs in there and I'd still go weak at the knees. I've always loved that finish so much.
It's starting to green out a bit over time which you can't really see in the photo. I also have this mega faded sonic blue on the way not that I need another strat, just like messing with parts.

Last edited by Voxshall on Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:33 am Mick gets a new one!

What do you think of Mick's new Strat, I think he should just sell some gear, a motorbike his dog :moresarc:, whatever else it takes to just get a vintage Strat. No other guitar or mods are going to scratch that itch for him, although I'm not complaining, love watching his journey.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Voxshall wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:29 pm
It's starting to green out a bit over time which you can't really see in the photo. I also have this mega faded sonic blue on the way not that I need another strat, just like messing with parts.

Looks more line vintage white! What's its story?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Voxshall wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:27 pm
jeremyb wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:12 pm

What are the pickups?
The neck pickup is a Gabojo Gold Foil HB that was in Grants Jr and the Bridge is a Mojotone Gold Foil and the middle is J.M Rolph. I needed the HB in the neck as I wanted to use the original 63 guard I had with a HB route in it, didn't like the idea of it shrinking and warping when left out to long, but it worked out great that neck pickup sounds amazing, big full and clear with a heap of character and Gold Foil's just seem to sit in the mix better than any other pickup with my band.
Nice! Always wanted to try some gold foils, looks killer man!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Voxshall wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:37 pm

What do you think of Mick's new Strat, I think he should just sell some gear, a motorbike his dog :moresarc:, whatever else it takes to just get a vintage Strat. No other guitar or mods are going to scratch that itch for him, although I'm not complaining, love watching his journey.
Yeah I kinda feel the same, if he really wanted one I'm sure he could have one, I think part of it might be the whole "What if?" kind of thinking where the reality of owning one may not live up to the dream, so its better to keep as a dream? :rofl:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:59 pm
Voxshall wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:37 pm

Yeah I kinda feel the same, if he really wanted one I'm sure he could have one, I think part of it might be the whole "What if?" kind of thinking where the reality of owning one may not live up to the dream, so its better to keep as a dream? :rofl:
I watched most of that. He pretty instantly dismissed the pickups though both sounded great.

I've two '54 reissue Strats. One from '94 and the other from 2014. I prefer one through my Marshall-voiced amp, and the other through my Fender-voiced. I'm not sure why for Mick it seems like he's looking for a Holy Grail. Different Strats are suited to different things.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Molly wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:22 pm
I watched most of that. He pretty instantly dismissed the pickups though both sounded great.

I've two '54 reissue Strats. One from '94 and the other from 2014. I prefer one through my Marshall-voiced amp, and the other through my Fender-voiced. I'm not sure why for Mick it seems like he's looking for a Holy Grail. Different Strats are suited to different things.
True different Strats for different things, but he has also had enough time on vintage strats to like that certain thing they do, and trying to get that certain thing using mods on a modern guitar just isn't going to happen IMO. My prediction is the same thing that happened with Blue is going to happen to Goldie, but I can't disagree that extra taper on the neck is probably worth the upgrade for my tastes, Blue is like an even taper which really surprised me.

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Looks more line vintage white! What's its story?
Just a MJT nothing special, yeah it's super faded but photos can be deceiving so lets see.