Show us your Telecasters

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Kev77
Mr Echo
Posts: 4022
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:33 am
Location: East Coast
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 253 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by Kev77 »

If you like telecasters and bigsbys..

https://msengers.home.xs4all.nl/htm/gallery.htm
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 29277
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4845 times
Been liked: 2622 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by jeremyb »

Not mine, but.... :mental:
Attachments
118240142_1237928356544007_6944985949637727394_n.jpg
118240142_1237928356544007_6944985949637727394_n.jpg (73.71 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2533
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1879 times
Been liked: 658 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by KNNZ »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm Not mine, but.... :mental:
I follow him on Insta as well, he has many tasty teles!! Great photographer as well

User avatar
Jellybelly
Gibson
Posts: 885
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:10 am
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 177 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by Jellybelly »

KNNZ wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:38 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm Not mine, but.... :mental:
I follow him on Insta as well, he has many tasty teles!! Great photographer as well
What is his insta handle? That tele looks cool 8)

User avatar
ReidySetGo
Ashton
Ashton
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 am
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by ReidySetGo »

Tele shaped objects are allowed right? I've got a G&L ASAT Super & a Fender 50's Baja,

Image

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2559 times
Been liked: 843 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by codedog »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm Not mine, but.... :mental:
I have some Oregon framing with exactly that kind of "finish"!

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2533
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1879 times
Been liked: 658 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by KNNZ »

Jellybelly wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:07 pm
KNNZ wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:38 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:04 pm Not mine, but.... :mental:
I follow him on Insta as well, he has many tasty teles!! Great photographer as well
What is his insta handle? That tele looks cool 8)
yogi_the_guitarist :thumbup:

User avatar
werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2016
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 am
Has liked: 495 times
Been liked: 357 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by werdna »

I am a hair away from going ahead with a telecaster project. Warmoth tele body, alder, single cream binding, black. Maple neck with rosewood finger board, Wolfgang profile. Modern tele bridge with hot SD. Cream p90 in neck - or maybe a TV Jones classic filtertron.

No scratch plate.

It would look a lot like a Fender Aerodyne tele, but with flat top, beefier neck and better pickups, and better wood (not that basswood sucks).

Would not have much resale value, but I'd get at least 5 years' of playing out of it, at USD200 per annum. Cheaper than more expensive hobbies like golf, bus masturbation or taxidermy. Wait, bus masturbation is quite cheap with a Hopcard so maybe I'll take that up instead.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 29277
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4845 times
Been liked: 2622 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by jeremyb »

werdna wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 pm I am a hair away from going ahead with a telecaster project. Warmoth tele body, alder, single cream binding, black. Maple neck with rosewood finger board, Wolfgang profile. Modern tele bridge with hot SD. Cream p90 in neck - or maybe a TV Jones classic filtertron.

No scratch plate.

It would look a lot like a Fender Aerodyne tele, but with flat top, beefier neck and better pickups, and better wood (not that basswood sucks).

Would not have much resale value, but I'd get at least 5 years' of playing out of it, at USD200 per annum.
I've been keen to see a filter necked tele, kinda miss my old cabronita!
werdna wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 pm Cheaper than more expensive hobbies like golf, bus masturbation or taxidermy. Wait, bus masturbation is quite cheap with a Hopcard so maybe I'll take that up instead.
Friend of mine was on the bus one day when a guy got up just before his stop, squatted down in the exit area and took a dump on the floor, then got off at the stop... unreal...
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

User avatar
Bg
Site Admin
Posts: 37213
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 2119 times
Been liked: 3181 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:28 am
werdna wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 pm I am a hair away from going ahead with a telecaster project. Warmoth tele body, alder, single cream binding, black. Maple neck with rosewood finger board, Wolfgang profile. Modern tele bridge with hot SD. Cream p90 in neck - or maybe a TV Jones classic filtertron.

No scratch plate.

It would look a lot like a Fender Aerodyne tele, but with flat top, beefier neck and better pickups, and better wood (not that basswood sucks).

Would not have much resale value, but I'd get at least 5 years' of playing out of it, at USD200 per annum.
I've been keen to see a filter necked tele, kinda miss my old cabronita!
werdna wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 pm Cheaper than more expensive hobbies like golf, bus masturbation or taxidermy. Wait, bus masturbation is quite cheap with a Hopcard so maybe I'll take that up instead.
Friend of mine was on the bus one day when a guy got up just before his stop, squatted down in the exit area and took a dump on the floor, then got off at the stop... unreal...
Friend of yours... yeah right ;) Couldn't you wait until you got off? FFS.
If your gut instinks tell you something isn't right. You are usually right.

User avatar
AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6804
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:33 pm
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 741 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by AiRdAd »

/thread
117715388_10223621416307722_7138875729197321971_n.jpg
117715388_10223621416307722_7138875729197321971_n.jpg (50.15 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 29277
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 4845 times
Been liked: 2622 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:04 am /thread

117715388_10223621416307722_7138875729197321971_n.jpg
Did you google "If Nuno Bettencourt and Keith Richards had a baby"?
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 680 times
Been liked: 495 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by robthemac »

Was watching one of the Joe-Bonamassa-shows-off-his-collection videos the other day. Great quote:

"What shouldn't you do with an original '51 Nocaster? Route it for a humbucker. But once you've got a PAF in there, well, now you can have some fun"

User avatar
AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6804
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:33 pm
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 741 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by AiRdAd »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:47 am
AiRdAd wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:04 am /thread

117715388_10223621416307722_7138875729197321971_n.jpg
Did you google "If Nuno Bettencourt and Keith Richards had a baby"?
True!!!

I think it would look cooler if the relic-ing was done to make it look line there had previously been a normal tele bridge on there first.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 16737
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 693 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Re: Show us your Telecasters

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:29 am
jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:47 am
AiRdAd wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:04 am /thread

117715388_10223621416307722_7138875729197321971_n.jpg
Did you google "If Nuno Bettencourt and Keith Richards had a baby"?
True!!!

I think it would look cooler if the relic-ing was done to make it look line there had previously been a normal tele bridge on there first.
That is just completely wrong in every way.
If a man says he's going to fix it, he will.
No need to remind him every 6 months.

Post Reply