Return of the Gibbons shocker thread!

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6308
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 914 times
Been liked: 1084 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by robthemac »

Bg wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:35 pm
Slowy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:29 pm
robthemac wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Fuuuuck I though these would have tanked in value, not skyrocketed. Still rather have the Hello Kitty Strat.
You going for the one on TM?

And a mad price listing for a Dusk Tiger does not define it's value.
The one I posted was from reverb… dude they do sell well. They’re probably pristine and never played, at least by a musician anyway
If I had one I certainly wouldn't play it. And not for reasons of preservation.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
JoeBlow
Fender
Fender
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 am
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by JoeBlow »

This headstock... it's a brand new 2022 guitar.
Screenshot_20221022-093019_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221022-093019_Chrome.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Screenshot_20221022-093238_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221022-093238_Chrome.jpg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 777 times

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 914 times
Been liked: 1084 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by robthemac »

Where's that from?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
JoeBlow
Fender
Fender
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 am
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by JoeBlow »

robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:46 am Where's that from?
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/collections/g ... ingerboard

Am I nitpicking, or is that pretty average finishing?

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 914 times
Been liked: 1084 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by robthemac »

JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:53 am
robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:46 am Where's that from?
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/collections/g ... ingerboard

Am I nitpicking, or is that pretty average finishing?
Nah that looks rubbish. And not just shop floor wear and tear.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 20200
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 846 times
Been liked: 2091 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by Slowy »

JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:53 am
robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:46 am Where's that from?
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/collections/g ... ingerboard

Am I nitpicking, or is that pretty average finishing?
When you're expected to pay $10k, that is definitely not nitpicking.
Eastman can do it properly for a quarter the price.
"We were playing so loud that just one note on the guitar was sufficient".
Ritchie Blackmore.

User avatar
JoeBlow
Fender
Fender
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 am
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by JoeBlow »

Slowy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

When you're expected to pay $10k, that is definitely not nitpicking.
Eastman can do it properly for a quarter the price.
robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

Nah that looks rubbish. And not just shop floor wear and tear.
Yeah I'm surprised. I want to replace my R8 with a final keeper humbucker guitar, so I want something bucket list/special.

This is nice:
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/products/prs- ... y-metallic

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 914 times
Been liked: 1084 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by robthemac »

JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:10 am
Slowy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

When you're expected to pay $10k, that is definitely not nitpicking.
Eastman can do it properly for a quarter the price.
robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

Nah that looks rubbish. And not just shop floor wear and tear.
Yeah I'm surprised. I want to replace my R8 with a final keeper humbucker guitar, so I want something bucket list/special.

This is nice:
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/products/prs- ... y-metallic
Pics of your R8 please.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 914 times
Been liked: 1084 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by robthemac »

JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:10 am
Slowy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

When you're expected to pay $10k, that is definitely not nitpicking.
Eastman can do it properly for a quarter the price.
robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

Nah that looks rubbish. And not just shop floor wear and tear.
Yeah I'm surprised. I want to replace my R8 with a final keeper humbucker guitar, so I want something bucket list/special.

This is nice:
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/products/prs- ... y-metallic
There's a McCarty Singlecut on TradeMe at the monent. 10 top, but the finish is a bit of an acquired taste.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 35442
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 6220 times
Been liked: 3470 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:35 pm
Slowy wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:29 pm
robthemac wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Fuuuuck I though these would have tanked in value, not skyrocketed. Still rather have the Hello Kitty Strat.
You going for the one on TM?

And a mad price listing for a Dusk Tiger does not define it's value.
The one I posted was from reverb… dude they do sell well. They’re probably pristine and never played, at least by a musician anyway
Yeah but Billy Bob touched it with the same fingers he banged his cousin sister with…
Wash me clean again before I pull myself beneath the waves

User avatar
JoeBlow
Fender
Fender
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 am
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by JoeBlow »

robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:10 am
JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:10 am
Slowy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

When you're expected to pay $10k, that is definitely not nitpicking.
Eastman can do it properly for a quarter the price.
robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:03 am

Nah that looks rubbish. And not just shop floor wear and tear.
Yeah I'm surprised. I want to replace my R8 with a final keeper humbucker guitar, so I want something bucket list/special.

This is nice:
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/products/prs- ... y-metallic
Pics of your R8 please.
Just the one I sold. That went to Wanaka.

Yeah that finish isn't for me.

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 914 times
Been liked: 1084 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by robthemac »

JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:36 am
robthemac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:10 am
JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:10 am



Yeah I'm surprised. I want to replace my R8 with a final keeper humbucker guitar, so I want something bucket list/special.

This is nice:
https://dijkmansmuziek.nl/products/prs- ... y-metallic
Pics of your R8 please.
Just the one I sold. That went to Wanaka.

Yeah that finish isn't for me.
An R8 is probably endgame for me. I'm a simple man.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 7524
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:12 am
Location: Wire Wrapper
Has liked: 975 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Contact:

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by sizzlingbadger »


User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 914 times
Been liked: 1084 times

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by robthemac »

When I think "1959 Les Paul", I think of this


https://www.ishibashi-music.jp/category ... /pid/73955
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

User avatar
H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2144
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 239 times
Contact:

Re: Return of the Gibson shocker thread!

Post by H671 »

robthemac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:51 pm When I think "1959 Les Paul", I think of this


https://www.ishibashi-music.jp/category ... /pid/73955
This one must have been made by PRS.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, SWR California Blonde, Carvin AG100D, Joyo Beale Street, Ashton BSK158.

Post Reply