Langcaster guitars....

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Langcaster guitars....

Post by AmpShop »

Sean was my guitar teacher when he was 19.

He could play nearly 20 notes per second at that point. Did it rub off? Well, my personal best is about 3 notes per second ...
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

It was only cool to shred at 20 nps in the 80's...which is where Langcaster should have stopped production.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Anvil Amps Alan »

For that "ballsy" sound:
Attachments
6a00e3933bfd618834010536d50e0d970c-500wi.jpeg
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a
delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

Sean came to my house once. He could indeed play very fast. Lost touch with him over the years, but did see him busking on Vulcan Lane in the mid-90s. In a kilt. Much like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA9KDWcV_aw[/youtube]
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

grahic
Stagg
Stagg

Post by grahic »

Hot_Grits wrote:Sean came to my house once. He could indeed play very fast. Lost touch with him over the years, but did see him busking on Vulcan Lane in the mid-90s. In a kilt. Much like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA9KDWcV_aw[/youtube]

Reminds me of michael angelo............

danrawkz
PRS
PRS
Been liked: 1 time

Post by danrawkz »

His solo stuff sounds terribly generic.

Also I laugh at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mB2yjSU ... re=related

He says he was mocking it, but I doubt he was at the time! :lol: The obvious promotion of his sight reading software is a bit cringeworthy, I can definitely see how he fits in with Wangcaster

Geeetarr
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Geeetarr »

I don't own a Langcaster, but to set the record straight, there are NO Chinese copies of Langcaster guitars (sorry to bust your bubble). No other wood or crafty process can duplicate the grain of swamp kauri wood. Each Langcaster guitar took a few months to build, and less than a handful or so exist. YouTube has a few documentaries on the luthier and the Kauri wood extraction, and guitar build. They are not made any more as the owner/builder retired from the craft. They are true works of art. I wish I had one.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Geeetarr wrote:I don't own a Langcaster, but to set the record straight, there are NO Chinese copies of Langcaster guitars (sorry to bust your bubble). No other wood or crafty process can duplicate the grain of swamp kauri wood. Each Langcaster guitar took a few months to build, and less than a handful or so exist. YouTube has a few documentaries on the luthier and the Kauri wood extraction, and guitar build. They are not made any more as the owner/builder retired from the craft. They are true works of art. I wish I had one.
Good to know. I know for myself it was all the rumours of chinese production that put me off getting one. If i'm paying premium prices for a butt ugly guitar, I expect it to be locally made and keeping Kiwis in jobs.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 414 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Geeetarr wrote:I don't own a Langcaster, but to set the record straight, there are NO Chinese copies of Langcaster guitars (sorry to bust your bubble). No other wood or crafty process can duplicate the grain of swamp kauri wood. Each Langcaster guitar took a few months to build, and less than a handful or so exist. YouTube has a few documentaries on the luthier and the Kauri wood extraction, and guitar build. They are not made any more as the owner/builder retired from the craft. They are true works of art. I wish I had one.
Timely response.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah the hand made ones, but he did sell some shit which he put his logo too, dude thats not good. Not the kauri ones, but the others that were going out the door with langcaster pickups. Jem ripoffs IIRC and others.

Sad to hear he's retired and I wish him well though!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sam_the_bogan
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by sam_the_bogan »

Bg wrote:
Yeah the hand made ones, but he did sell some shit which he put his logo too, dude thats not good. Not the kauri ones, but the others that were going out the door with langcaster pickups. Jem ripoffs IIRC and others.

Sad to hear he's retired and I wish him well though!

Yep jem copies, in white and black, along with the odd sunburst strat. Amusingly, when he was peddling the aforesaid lower models, he maintained that the toan came from his proprietary pickups, and that they could transform any guitar.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by Delayman »

Hi Joh!
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Dharmajester »

NZRS-Dave wrote:Jan Akkerman is the guitar player out of Hocus Pocus I think ... shown here in 1973

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpV5InLw52U[/youtube]

And yes, he's awesome
Focus was the band ( Dutch). Hocus Pocus, the track
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 658 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

And we're concerned about an 8 year old bubble because...??

I played a guitar with his pickups in once. Ice pick sprang to mind.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.