Greco!

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Re: Greco!

Post by Slowy »

smallface wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:01 pm I've had a couple over the years. Here's one I do regret getting rid of. I did have the original nameplate too which I put back on when I sold it.

DSCF9047.JPG

DSCF9044.JPG
Were the necks any more sensible than the originals?

Ummm, I mean, did Greco follow the Ricky neck and fretboard design or not? :shifty:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

Slowy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:18 pm
smallface wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:01 pm I've had a couple over the years. Here's one I do regret getting rid of. I did have the original nameplate too which I put back on when I sold it.

DSCF9047.JPG

DSCF9044.JPG
Were the necks any more sensible than the originals?

Ummm, I mean, did Greco follow the Ricky neck and fretboard design or not? :shifty:
No, the necks are wider and not lacquered. Nice neck. Wondering why I sold it, but I do have a habit of doing dumb things.

Having said that I've got 4 Rickys now all with lacquered necks. And I'm OK with that (probably due to the fact that I'm a crap guitarist lol)
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

smallface wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:41 pm
Having said that I've got 4 Rickys now all with lacquered necks. And I'm OK with that (probably due to the fact that I'm a crap guitarist lol)
Rickys are polarising. I love their sound but their necks make my left hand wail.

Think you've just given me RickyGreco GAS. :roll:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.