Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 385 times

Found a Bunch of Riffs I Wrote 9 Years Ago

Post by dayl »

Haha, yeah....crazy.

A couple of weeks back, my girl was packing up for the move etc and came across one of my old Journals.

I was reading through it and skipped to the back to find a bunch (7 pages in total) of riffs and bare bones songs from around nine years ago when me and a friend borrowed a mates back up rig.

I have had the chance to run through it all and while it may ruin the story, can't say I have much use for it these days but in playing through it, I found that I was getting a feel for the mindset I was in at the time and totally had a flashback....man, those were cool times! Some of the stuff pointed out areas or avenues that I no longer take including lil tricks here and there and 85% was in dropped D :mrgreen:

Also, the move unearthed another journal with noodling in the back but also... my guitar licks folder from 93/94! complete with Ibanez catalog pics stuck to it 8)

Going through that was nuts. Had Nuno, Satch, Vai, (the usual suspects) Howe, Hendrix, Gary Hoey, Collins along with the TAB for Two Princes and *cough* the music to Cherry pie. While that was a blast and a lil treasure.. finding music I had written and was lost to me many years ago was great.

Anyone else here had the chance to run through some of your original works from close to a decade ago? interesting stuff... pity I wasn't a lyricist .. that would have been cool... I see many things in a different light compared to that time period.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Found a Bunch of Riffs I Wrote 9 Years Ago

Post by dayl »

ow bay! not even in active topics! :lol:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

not all forums are listed in active, which is why I recommend using 'new posts' instead ;) cool find though...but I just see a bunch of squiggly lines and dots - wheres the tab? I presume its treble clef though I see you didn't bother to put that in or the time sig :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

BG wrote: I just see a bunch of squiggly lines and dots - wheres the tab? I presume its treble clef though I see you didn't bother to put that in or the time sig :P
Haha that shits just not keeping it 'Nu Metal' :lol:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

dayl wrote:
BG wrote: I just see a bunch of squiggly lines and dots - wheres the tab? I presume its treble clef though I see you didn't bother to put that in or the time sig :P
Haha that shits just not keeping it 'Nu Metal' :lol:
and nu-metals written on staves???? shouldn't it just read

DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAHHHHH DOH DOH DUM DUM DUM YEAAAAAAH
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

Haha, sounds like you just read some of it.. thats pretty much it.